"Iceland at Last!" Iceland by zweiblumen
Iceland Travel Guide: 6,442 reviews and 20,237 photos
Iceland was the first foreign country I wanted to visit, for a while it was the only country I was interested in. I would send off for travel brochures on Iceland look at the pictures and sigh ... there was no way on earth I could afford to go there or so I thought.
I saved and I saved and I saved and I chose the cheapest Iceland trip in my brochure and could only just afford it. It was a week's trekking in the highlands roughly following the Landmannalaugar - Þórsmörk route but with quite a few deviations making it a slightly lengthier trek.
I don't think I have walked so far in my life, my blisters had got blisters and then there were blisters on top of them. Was it worth it though? .. Of course it was
- Pros:The wildest most wilderness-ed place in Europe!
- Cons:Very, very, very, very, very, very, very expensive!!!!!!!!!
- In a nutshell:If you can afford it you really must visit the place
Now that you have seen Skógafoss and marvelled at it's power and presence perhaps you'd like to take a walk up alongside... more travel advice
To get around Iceland and specifically to get around the highlands of Iceland a 4x4 vehicle is an essential. The big... more travel advice
zweiblumen's Related Pages
Iceland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ICELAND - THE LAND OF ICE AND FIRE."
- "From Seyðisfjörður to Seyðisfjörður"
- "Incredible ICELAND"
- "Surprising Iceland!"
- "A land of Fire, water and ice!"
- "Iceland: small wonder!"
- "a childhood dream come true at last"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Iceland
- Hotels in Iceland
- Transportation in Iceland
- Nightlife in Iceland
- Restaurants in Iceland
- Shopping in Iceland
- Warnings and Dangers in Iceland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Iceland
- 9 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Iceland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Iceland
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Falkland Islands Intro, 30 reviews, 136 photos, 8 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 9 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cape Verde Intro, 4 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madeira Island Intro, 9 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lesotho Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Faroe Islands Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Saunders Island Intro, 5 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Crete Island Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- Algarve Intro, 4 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues