"Tagbilaran City ~ Gateway to Bohol" Tagbilaran City by lakbayPinas
Tagbilaran City Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 185 photos
Tagbilaran is the lone city (along with forty-seven (47) municipalities) that comprise the province of Bohol in the Central Visayas.
Tagbilaran is the capital and seat of the provincial government, and the center of commerce and education in Bohol.
The city is also the province’s chief air and sea port, hence the principal gateway to mainland Bohol island as well as to the province’s seventy-three (73) component islands.
Tagbilaran offers a lot of interesting sights within or near the bounds of the city.
Heritage sites worth visiting include the Sandugo or Blood Compact Shrine; the ancestral houses of Old Tagbilaran at Sitio Ubos; the old Spanish churches in nearby Baclayon, Loboc, and Maribojoc; the Spanish watchtowers in Punta Cruz, Dauis, and Panglao; and the Provincial Capitol and Bohol Museum, among others.
Recreational attractions within or near the city include hiking up Elley or Banat-i Hill, exploring Lahos-Lahos and Mesias Caves, and cruising the Loboc River.
Perhaps one of the main reasons people come to Tagbilaran is its first-class accommodations and proximity to fabulous beaches and dive sites.
Bikini beach, just about eight kilometers from the city, is a popular destination. Other beaches like Alona and Momo beach on nearby Panglao Island are also must see.
Located near most of what Tagbilaran has to offer, Taver’s Pension House offers nice, clean and affordable accommodation... more travel advice
Tagbilaran City is accessible by air directly from Manila, with a flight time of about an hour and fifteen minutes. As... more travel advice
lakbayPinas' Related Pages
Tagbilaran City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TAGBILARAN CITY"
- "Excursion around Bohol Island"
- "Tagbilaran City ~ Gateway to Bohol"
- "Gateway to Bohol Province"
- "Tagbilaran City, Tourism Gateway to Bohol"
- "So much to explore! I love Bohol!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tagbilaran City
- Hotels in Tagbilaran City
- Transportation in Tagbilaran City
- Nightlife in Tagbilaran City
- Restaurants in Tagbilaran City
- Shopping in Tagbilaran City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tagbilaran City
- 4 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Tagbilaran City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tagbilaran City
Photos in Tagbilaran CitySee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Tagbilaran City Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos
- Olongapo City Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
- Olango Island Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Quezon City Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taal Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Mandaluyong Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Sagada Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Vigan Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Laoag City Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Banaue Intro, 1 review, 6 photos