"We have family here" Herndon by Gypsystravels
Herndon Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 157 photos
During our road trips we usually stay in towns that aren't frequented by most people or that contain any big tourist attraction or draw. Me and Ferni do quite a bit of "road tripping" and price is a big factor when we are arriving late at night (after 8:00 pm). We try to drive mid-point between our home and where we are visiting making sure to stay as close to the major highways as possible.
We stay in many Hilton hotels throughout the country (and world) and the Hilton Dulles Airport (located here at Herndon) was an easy choice. The price and location couldn't be beat and we are so, so glad we stayed here. We had a fantastic stay, with a wonderful room upgrade (Jr. Suite at the Executive Floor), all for a whopping $69.
Now, who can argue with a hotel that cost less than $75, upgrades you to an Executive Room (normally costing $509 a night), with free continental breakfast?
Taking pics of the hotel room is a great way for us to remember particulars of the hotels we stay in and is one of the main reasons you will find me photographed on the bed. Because we stay in so many hotels during the year, a photograph usually helps us determine wheter we'll stay again, or try another location.
Herndon is a definite return stay, even if we aren't using the hotel as a jump-off point to the airport on "cheap" flights!
One of the many perks of being a loyal member to any one particular brand, chain, line, etc., are they loyalty programs. We are members of the Hilton Honors program (currently holding DIAMOND status) which reward us with many perks and amenities, not to mention the many on-going promotions which get you free night certificates, bonus points, etc.
At the Hilton Dulles Airport we were automatically upgraded to the Executive floor and given a Jr. Suite with access to the Executive Lounge where you can enjoy complimentary drinks, snacks, internet service (with printers) and a nice place to just unwind and do some catching up.
We definitely enjoy these perks and the reason why we continue to stay at the Hilton chain of hotels...
Gypsystravels' Related Pages
Herndon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nice Stays Close to The Airport and the City"
- "Life Begins at Retirement"
- "Herndon's Charms"
- "We have family here"
- "Herndon VA - Suburb of Washington D.C."
- "Herndon, VA"
- "My home 2000/2001"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Herndon
- Hotels in Herndon
- Transportation in Herndon
- Nightlife in Herndon
- Restaurants in Herndon
- Warnings and Dangers in Herndon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Herndon
- 4 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Herndon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Herndon
Photos in HerndonSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 229 reviews, 600 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 113 reviews, 311 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 109 reviews, 302 photos, 13 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 95 reviews, 309 photos, 10 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 102 reviews, 271 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 111 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 94 reviews, 267 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 100 reviews, 250 photos, 8 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 83 reviews, 246 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 91 reviews, 210 photos, 4 travelogues