"Historic Old Bethlehem" Top 5 Page for this destination Bethlehem by Gypsystravels
Bethlehem Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 89 photos
This Historic town can claim its beginnings with William Penn who came into possesion of the Province on March 4, 1681 and soon after published an account of it, offering easy terms of lands therein.
Most of Bethlehem's history can be traced at the Moravian Museum, a National Historic Landmark. Housed in the 1741 Gemeinhaus, the oldest building standing in Bethlehem, the museum features twelve exhibit rooms that demonstrate the life of the early Moravians.
Bethlehem is located 340 feet above sea level.
The Sun Inn, dating to 1758, was one of the best places for room and board in the 13 original colonies. George Washington was a guest, along with a "Who's Who" of early American patriots.
The St. Luke's Hospital School of Nursing is the second oldest in continuous operation in the United States.
Moravian Bookstore is the oldest continuous-running book shop in America.
Bethlehem is the first city in the Pennyslvania to define the boundaries of its historical district and establish a Historical and Architectural Review Board to examine plans for change in the district.
The Moravian Seminary was founded in 1745.
Bethlehem had the first girls' boarding school in the United States, which opened on October 19, 1743.
Bethlehem is the largest city in the Lehigh Valley encompassing 19.7 square miles.
Bethlehem has the softest water in Pennyslvania with only 14 parts per million (ppm) of hardening elements.
The city's watershed in the Pocono Mountains totals 37 square miles, or nearly twice as large as the city of Bethlehem.
My sister and her family call Bethlehem their home. I'll be back
- Pros:A really nice historical town
- In a nutshell:A historical town where my sister and her family live!
Gypsystravels' Related Pages
Bethlehem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bethlehem - The Christmas City"
- "Historic Old Bethlehem"
- "Steele Bethlehem after all these years...?!"
- "billus's new Bethlehem Page"
- "bebop88's new Bethlehem Page"
- "Marc's Bethlehem Page"
- "Bethlehem, Pennsylvania"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bethlehem
- Hotels in Bethlehem
- Transportation in Bethlehem
- Nightlife in Bethlehem
- Restaurants in Bethlehem
- Shopping in Bethlehem
- Warnings and Dangers in Bethlehem
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bethlehem
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Bethlehem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bethlehem
Photos in BethlehemSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 210 reviews, 515 photos, 12 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 109 reviews, 302 photos, 13 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 95 reviews, 309 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 110 reviews, 292 photos, 10 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 102 reviews, 271 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 111 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 94 reviews, 267 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 100 reviews, 250 photos, 8 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 83 reviews, 246 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 91 reviews, 210 photos, 4 travelogues