"A good place for shopping and dinning" Top 5 Page for this destination White Plains by Gypsystravels

White Plains Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 184 photos

Shopper & Food Lover's Paradise

For over 25 years I've been coming to White Plains, mostly for the malls and shopping and when my daughter and her family purchased their first home here, there was even more reason for me to be visiting as often as I did. But my daughter no longer lives in White Plains and now I only visit occassionaly to eat at one of our favorite places and for a bit of shopping at one of my favorite stores.

There is plenty of shopping and places to eat. The Westchester is a high end mall with all the major designer stores you can fancy for a nice shopping spree. Within walking distance is the City Centre with chain stores like Barnes & Noble and Target. The Galleria, another mall, caters to those stores you find in any strip mall like Nine West, Victoria Secrets, Forever 21 and many others. Basically, White Plains is a shoppers dream come true...everything within short distances to each other.

Along with great shopping opportunites you'll find wonderful places to eat. White Plains has many chain restaurants like Legal Sea Foods, P.F. Chang's Cheesecake Factory, Applebee's and Cold Stone Creamery to name a few, but you can also find other types of places to eat. Some of my favorite places are Asian Temptation, Melting Pot, Iron Tomato and White Plains Coach Diner.

• Pros:Good shopping and eating opportunites
  • Cons:Just as crowded as New York City!
  • In a nutshell:Shopping and eating
  • Last visit to White Plains: Nov 2013
  • Intro Updated Nov 13, 2013

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2009 at 8:32 AM

I like the Macy's and Galleria in White Plains, too! My sister used to live there. She moved to New Rochelle, but I still go there to shop when I'm in town.

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2008 at 6:55 PM

It's like spending a day with you and your family..... What a beautiful baby boy!

• nativetraveler's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2008 at 8:15 PM

Gimme moneyyyyyyy!!! You are too funny, now every time you mention Leo those words will be ringing in my ear!!!

Gypsystravels Visits Here Frequently!

Gypsystravels

“If You don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!”

Badges & Stats in White Plains

Have you been to White Plains?