"A NYC GYPSY AT HEART" Top 5 Page for this destination New York City by Gypsystravels
New York City Travel Guide: 15,917 reviews and 32,120 photos
I'm a Native New York "Latina". Born and raised in the "City" by Puerto Rican parents. Referred to as a Nuyorican, I'm proud to live in this wonderful, diverse city.
It's the largest city in the United States with over 17 million residents and over a million visitors each year. An exciting city to live in and for the visitor as well.
New York City has it all, musuems, fine dining, theatre, nightlife and of course, shopping to please anyone!!
I live, work and play here, and why not? Step out of my apartment and I can find everyting I want and need.
So, pack those bags, hop on a plane and come on over to the largest most exciting city in the U.S. NEW YORK CITY!!!
I've decided to limit most of my tips to the restaurant, nightlife and off the beaten path because those interested in a how-to guide, trip report or a travel reference can easily find those answers in a guide book.
I have, however, included some of my "must sees" in NYC although somewhat bit limited.
I've been to thousands of restaurants in NYC, and although I can easily write as many tips about those places (like the HRC, and the likes, etc.) I have decided to limit myself to places that aren't mentioned here on vt, places that I enjoy often enough to write a review about and places that I find myself recommending to other VT'rs searching for that type of restaurant. So, whether its a 5 star restaurant or an excellent hole in the wall, you'll probably find it here on my pages!! Enjoy!!
I am a self proclaimed foodie and nightlife junkie. I enjoy meeting friends, family or loved ones for dinner, drinks or a night out dancing. NYC is constantly changing and as such so are the many venues for dinnig and entertainment. I love sharing my love of restuarants and nightlife with others. Even though I have my own favorite "hidden" haunts, nothing in NYC is a secret!! :) I love going out and finding new places whether its a fine restauarant or a hole in the wall I've been lucky as well where the word of mouth has lead me to discover many of the restaurants I've dined in. Many of friends like trying out new restaurants from some of the the greatest chefs in NYC as well and I get a full restaurant review from them. So, even if I've not been yet, be assured I will be.
There will be times where no pic will accompany my tip simply because I'm out enjoying my meal (or find it rude to snap a pic while others are eating). Nonetheless, whenever possible I'll try posting a pic with the tip.
I've included a short list of some restaurants I frequent and have chosen not to write tips about. You can find some helpful and accurate tips here on vt about them:
Agozar - Cuban, A nice place we discovered while searching for AA Idines. Has become a place for many VT Meetings.
Le Entrecote - French, located right outside my doorstep with some great Pomme Frites and Entrecot.
Wu Liang Ye - Chinese, another place I've frequented while working in the area.
Xunta Tapas Bar - Spanish Tapas, many VT Meetings have been held here, and some quick get toghers as well.
Layla - Mediteranean, location of one of my earliest VT Meetings.
Veleska - Ukranian, location of my first Flyertalk NYC DO.
If you are looking for a special place to dine or some particular type of dining experience, feel free to contact me.
If you happen to be in NYC during Restaurant Week held twice yearly (January and June/July) you'll have the unique experience of sampling some of NYC's best restaurants at a fraction of the cost. The menus may be limited, but nonetheless probably an excellent meal at a top notch restaurant.
- Pros:The city that has it all!!
- Cons:Too many restaurants and nightlife in one lifetime you could never enjoy them all
- In a nutshell:I was born and raised in the best city in the World
The Air France Lounge at JFK is located in terminal 1 right after security close to the Air France gates. I was flying... more travel advice
Thai food is one of our favorite foods to eat. With so many restaurants in NYC there isn't any shortage of good Thai.... more travel advice
- See All Indulging in my love of Belgium beer
- See All The Grand Dame of NYC!
- See All Special Events-NYC Waterfalls
- See All Queens
Gypsystravels' Related Pages
New York City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A NYC GYPSY AT HEART"
- "NYC: Everyday, Something new."
- "I Heart New York."
- ""I want to be a part of it ...""
- ". : New York City : ."
- "New York City"
- "Oh, how I want to be a part of it!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New York City
- Hotels in New York City
- Transportation in New York City
- Nightlife in New York City
- Restaurants in New York City
- Shopping in New York City
- Warnings and Dangers in New York City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New York City
- 229 Reviews
- 578 Photos
- 68 Forum posts
- 326 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to New York City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New York City
Photos in New York CitySee All Photos (578)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 229 reviews, 600 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 113 reviews, 311 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 109 reviews, 302 photos, 13 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 95 reviews, 309 photos, 10 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 102 reviews, 271 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 111 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 94 reviews, 267 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 100 reviews, 250 photos, 8 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 83 reviews, 246 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 91 reviews, 210 photos, 4 travelogues