"I was born in this town...." Top 5 Page for this destination Brooklyn by Gypsystravels
Brooklyn Travel Guide: 358 reviews and 752 photos
It is here where my parents settled when they came from Puerto Rico and where I was born. Brooklyn was an excellent place to grow up and I have some wonderful memories as a child.
I have so many wonderful memories of growing up in Brooklyn. It is here where I lived most of my childhood. I recall Brooklyn with fond thoughts of the wonderful parties, Christmas, the outings but mostly of my mom and pop. As I got a bit older, playing stickball and dodgeball, run-catch-and-kiss, spin the bottle and handball.
We lived in a Brownstone in Parkslope just a block from Prospect Park. I spent many days playing on the streets of our block or just hanging out at the park.
Day trips to Coney Island, the Aquarium, Brooklyn Museum, Brooklyn Botanic Garden were a yearly adventure for us.
I will refer to most of my tips with fond memories of my experiences while I lived in Brooklyn during my youth. Although I no longer live in this fabulous borough, I do visit often and have decided to write tips about the wonderful places and personal experiences visiting some of the best places here in Brooklyn.
All the information I provide is recent (2008) unless otherwise stated. I hope you enjoy reading my tips which I have worked on with a bit of nostalga for Brooklyn.
- Pros:Wonderful childhood memories
- Cons:I no longer live here
- In a nutshell:Close to my current home, I visit often
Written Jul 13, 2008
Brooklyn Botanic Garden
Written Jul 13, 2008
New York Aquarium
Gypsystravels' Related Pages
Brooklyn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brooklyn can't be Beat"
- "NYC's unlikely destination"
- "I was born in this town...."
- "A stop along the way"
- "Another NYC Borough"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brooklyn
- Hotels in Brooklyn
- Transportation in Brooklyn
- Nightlife in Brooklyn
- Restaurants in Brooklyn
- Shopping in Brooklyn
- Warnings and Dangers in Brooklyn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brooklyn
- 32 Reviews
- 98 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Brooklyn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brooklyn
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: New Member Map, Travel Pages..."
- Commented on one of Gypsystravels's Brooklyn travel pages
- Wrote a Review Good Spanish under the Williamsburg Bridge! in Brooklyn Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Good Spanish under the Williamsburg Bridge!"
- updated a Brooklyn Travel Page "I was born in this town...."
Photos in BrooklynSee All Photos (98)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 223 reviews, 589 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 113 reviews, 310 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 109 reviews, 302 photos, 13 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 95 reviews, 309 photos, 10 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 102 reviews, 271 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 111 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 94 reviews, 267 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 100 reviews, 250 photos, 8 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 83 reviews, 246 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 91 reviews, 210 photos, 4 travelogues