"Enjoying a beautiful sunny day with my family" Top 5 Page for this destination Bear Mountain State Park by Gypsystravels
Bear Mountain State Park Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 76 photos
Recently I wanted to spend a quite and relaxing day with my family and we decided to pay Bear Mountain State Park a visit.
It had been well over 20 years since I had been to Bear Mountain and I don't even think I had ever taken my daughter there when she was younger, so I decided to ask her and her family to come along.
Bear Mountain State Park is a wonderful Park that is full of many activities to enjoy with your family or even with that special someone. There is a wonderful carousel that the young children seem to enjoy as well as plenty of grass area where you can play all sorts of sports like soccer, volley ball, baseball and football. The park also has a nice pool (for a fee of $2) where you can enjoy some time cooling off. The park also has some wonderful walking/hiking trails, picnic areas, zoo and the lake where you can enjoy some rowing or paddleboat.
Ferni and I spent a beautiful Sunday at the park with my daughter, son in law and grandson. We enjoyed a few hours on the lawn, eating, talking and playing soccer with Leo. The pool was another nice treat as it was stiffling hot and provided a good way to cool off before enjoying the rest of the park. After a nice picnic lunch Ferni and I decided to go for a bit of a hike around the lake and do some exploring while Kris and Jon relaxed during Leo's nap. After a short nap Leo was ready to enjoy the children's playground before going for a few spins on the carousel.
We had a fantastic time at the park.
Here are just a few things you may enjoy while visiting Bear Mountain State Park
Large lawn area
Fishing at the lake
Rowing and Paddleboats
Check out their website for a more detailed description of all the things you can do and enjoy at the park http://nysparks.state.ny.us/parks/info.asp?parkID=55
One of the nice and relaxing things you can enjoy while you are here at the park is either rowing or paddle boating.... more travel advice
After spending a nice day picnicing before we left the park we decided to take Leo for a nice ride on the carousel. I... more travel advice
Gypsystravels' Related Pages
Bear Mountain State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BEAR MOUNTAIN STATE PARK"
- "Enjoying a beautiful sunny day with my family"
- "Bear Mountain, New York State"
- "Bear Mountain"
- "Bear Mountain State Park"
- "Bear Mountain, New York"
- "Bear Mountain Inn: Wilderness Tranquility Less Tha"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bear Mountain State Park
- Hotels in Bear Mountain State Park
- Transportation in Bear Mountain State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Bear Mountain State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bear Mountain State Park
- 7 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Bear Mountain State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bear Mountain State Park
Photos in Bear Mountain State ParkSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 206 reviews, 516 photos, 12 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 95 reviews, 309 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 108 reviews, 294 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 110 reviews, 292 photos, 10 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 102 reviews, 271 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 111 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 94 reviews, 267 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 100 reviews, 251 photos, 8 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 82 reviews, 245 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 91 reviews, 210 photos, 4 travelogues