"Enjoying a beautiful sunny day with my family" Top 5 Page for this destination Bear Mountain State Park by Gypsystravels

Bear Mountain State Park Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 69 photos

Recently I wanted to spend a quite and relaxing day with my family and we decided to pay Bear Mountain State Park a visit.

It had been well over 20 years since I had been to Bear Mountain and I don't even think I had ever taken my daughter there when she was younger, so I decided to ask her and her family to come along.

Bear Mountain State Park is a wonderful Park that is full of many activities to enjoy with your family or even with that special someone. There is a wonderful carousel that the young children seem to enjoy as well as plenty of grass area where you can play all sorts of sports like soccer, volley ball, baseball and football. The park also has a nice pool (for a fee of $2) where you can enjoy some time cooling off. The park also has some wonderful walking/hiking trails, picnic areas, zoo and the lake where you can enjoy some rowing or paddleboat.

Ferni and I spent a beautiful Sunday at the park with my daughter, son in law and grandson. We enjoyed a few hours on the lawn, eating, talking and playing soccer with Leo. The pool was another nice treat as it was stiffling hot and provided a good way to cool off before enjoying the rest of the park. After a nice picnic lunch Ferni and I decided to go for a bit of a hike around the lake and do some exploring while Kris and Jon relaxed during Leo's nap. After a short nap Leo was ready to enjoy the children's playground before going for a few spins on the carousel.

We had a fantastic time at the park.

Here are just a few things you may enjoy while visiting Bear Mountain State Park

Pool
Children's Playground
Carousel
Fishing at the lake
Rowing and Paddleboats

Check out their website for a more detailed description of all the things you can do and enjoy at the park http://nysparks.state.ny.us/parks/info.asp?parkID=55

• Last visit to Bear Mountain State Park: Jul 2009
  • Intro Updated Sep 22, 2009

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2009 at 6:35 PM

it always is a great feeling to be first visitor on a page. i have heard about this resort destination from friends. nice tips.

Gypsystravels

“If You don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!”

Badges & Stats in Bear Mountain State Park

Have you been to Bear Mountain State Park?

Photos in Bear Mountain State Park