"BOSTON KALEIDOSCOPE AND ITS CAST OF COLORS…" Top 5 Page for this destination Boston by Gypsystravels

Boston Travel Guide: 3,800 reviews and 8,028 photos

Siempre Viaja Con Los Ojos Abrieto

Looking back at Boston today, I wonder why I hadn't made it back as often as I did during my childhood. I spent many of my summers in Cape Cod with the occasional day trip into Boston and they were very pleasant memories.

Walking around this wonderful city helped me remember and appreciate certain things in my life. You don’t have to travel to a new city to see something new, you just have to see old ones with new eyes…

Back in 2003, I saw a familiar Boston as I hadn’t seen any city in a very long time. Maybe it was the fall foliage, the crisp blue sky, the kaleidoscope of colors, or something as simple as the company of new found friends.

I've been back to Boston many many times since 2003 making it one of the many New England cities I visit yearly

My Boston

In 2003 I was invited to visit Boston for a VT Meeting. It would be my first return to Boston after more than 20 year abscence from the wonderful city. I had visited Boston many times as a child and remembered it being such a interesting place to be. I learned so much about history and would say it is why I enjoy American History so much.

We have our favorites places and things to do during our visits to Boston, but we also enjoy exploring new places and Boston is a great city to do that in.

Here's a brief list of some of our favorite places:

Walking along Boston Common and Gardens
Enjoying the madness of Fanieul Hall & Quincy Market
Strolling along the waterfront
Finding new places to stop in to enjoy a drink
Finding my way to Newbury for some shopping
Having Ice Cream at PJ Licks
Visiting some of the best museums in the country
Walking with no set agenda around the city with someone I love!

• Last visit to Boston: May 2012
  • Intro Updated Oct 4, 2012

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2011 at 6:29 AM

Great overview.

• machomikemd's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2010 at 6:38 AM

excellent boston tips! i will be in boston in september 25, what resto can you recommend to savor famed new england clam chowders?

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Janet, great Boston tips, I loved Boston, so did my wife. Newbury Street was a piece of heaven. Bought art in the galleries. Had great fun at many pubs and got a kick out of Dick's Last Resort.

• JosueGonzalez's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2008 at 7:44 PM

I really agree on your comments of the Hyatt Regency Boston. Really nice property...

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2008 at 7:03 PM

Well....maybe you CAN quote me about the lobster tails!

• Fullmoonfever's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2008 at 7:56 AM

busy doing what?

• Jun 24, 2007 at 6:21 PM

I been living in boston for 7y, more then ever i believe this is a botique town caterin to rich college students and visitors. It is not a good place to live.

• RAJASTHANBYCAR's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2007 at 10:21 PM

Hey Janet yesterday in your home town Newyork snowed you enjoy it.I hope so what you do now a days.

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2006 at 5:01 PM

I haven't been to Boston in FOREVER! Should really try to get up there. NICE TIPS!

• Nov 5, 2006 at 12:11 PM

Nice page here.

Gypsystravels Visits Here Frequently!

Gypsystravels

“If You don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!”

Badges & Stats in Boston