"A Great town to visit in Connecticut" Norwalk by Gypsystravels

Norwalk Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 189 photos

A favorite town of mine

Norwalk is one of our favorite small towns here in Connecticut. It's close enough to our new home making it a good place for us to come when we want to take a drive but not be far from home.

There are a few things to do here if you want to wander around the town. You can visit the aquarium or a few of the other small museums, do some shopping or enjoy a night of eating and drinking. There are plenty of places to grab some food either a quick bite or something a bit more upscale. Whenever Ferni and I visit you can find us enjoying a few drinks at some of our favorite places as well as enjoying some new ones, with so many choices why limit yourself?

Norwalk is usually a day visit because of its close proximity to our home, but we've also spent a few nights faciliating an escape further north on I-95.

• Last visit to Norwalk: Mar 2011
  • Intro Updated Sep 26, 2012

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2009 at 6:30 AM

Hi Janet, how've you been? I used to have relatives in South Norwalk and often visited them while I was a student in New York. (Quite some time ago, LOL.) Thanks for including the Metro North tip.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2009 at 6:53 AM

Quite a day trip! Glad my husband's taste doesn't run to the expensive shirts you found. Looks like a good lunch spot. Who wouldn't want to visit a bear?

Gypsystravels Visits Here Frequently!

Gypsystravels

“If You don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!”

Badges & Stats in Norwalk

Have you been to Norwalk?

Latest Activity in Norwalk