"A Connecticut town we enjoy visiting often" Top 5 Page for this destination Milford by Gypsystravels
Milford Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 231 photos
Milford has become a town that Ferni and I spend quite some time in. It is conviently located off of I-95 and about 25 minutes from our home. It is a really nice town along the Long Island Sound and we enjoy walking around the down town area, stopping at a few restaurants and bars to grab something to eat or drink as well as a bit of shopping.
Downtown Milford is quite small, and you can easily spend an hour and cover most of it. There are a few scattered bars/restaurants and shops. One of our favorite places to grab a drink is at SBC where we hang out at the bar, chat and watch a sports game on one of the tvs. The downtown area is particularly nice and there are a host of different fesitivals that take place here as well, like the Oyster Festival. There are a couple of war memorials dedicated to the Vietnam, Korean and WWII wars. Here is where you will also find the Stonebridge, a landmark in Milford. There are a few lovely parks as well as the Milford Marina where you can sit and enjoy an ice cream treat from Dip Top as well as the lovely Hotchkiss Bridge.
We also like to drive along Route 1 in Milford where there are plenty of places for us to grab a bit to eat or drink. The shopping at the Westfield Shopping center as well as many of the other shopping centers is like many other we go to with some of our favorites shop. We also enjoy the movie theatre here as well, it's one of our favorites.
Bertucci's is a great place to grab a good meal whether for lunch or dinner. There are quite a few locations and it's a... more travel advice
Ferni and I have come here quite a few times, most recently to watch a football game but even after catching a movie... more travel advice
- See All A Great place to stay during our road...
- See All Westfield Shopping Center
- See All I enjoy their holiday scents
Gypsystravels' Related Pages
Milford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Connecticut town we enjoy visiting often"
- "BAR CRAWLS AND PORN TOO"
- "Milford, CT my home"
- "Cool Connecticut Town on the Long Island Sound"
- "Shopping, Shopping, Shopping"
- "Milford, CT"
- "Milford, CT or Burst (get the connestogas ready)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Milford
- Hotels in Milford
- Transportation in Milford
- Nightlife in Milford
- Restaurants in Milford
- Shopping in Milford
- Warnings and Dangers in Milford
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Milford
- 32 Reviews
- 76 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Milford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Milford
Photos in MilfordSee All Photos (76)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 204 reviews, 513 photos, 12 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 95 reviews, 309 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 108 reviews, 294 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 109 reviews, 287 photos, 10 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 111 reviews, 266 photos, 5 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 102 reviews, 271 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 94 reviews, 267 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 100 reviews, 252 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 91 reviews, 210 photos, 4 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 75 reviews, 224 photos, 4 travelogues