"A Connecticut town we enjoy visiting often" Top 5 Page for this destination Milford by Gypsystravels
Milford Travel Guide: 112 reviews and 345 photos
Milford is a town I spend quite some time in. It is conviently located off of I-95 and about 25 minutes from our home. It is a really nice town along the Long Island Sound and we enjoy walking around the down town area, stopping at a few restaurants and bars to grab something to eat or drink as well as a bit of shopping.
Downtown Milford is quite small, and you can easily spend an hour and cover most of it. There are a few scattered bars/restaurants and shops. One of our favorite places to grab a drink is at SBC where we hang out at the bar, chat and watch a sports game on one of the tvs. The downtown area is particularly nice and there are a host of different fesitivals that take place here as well, like the Oyster Festival. There are a couple of war memorials dedicated to the Vietnam, Korean and WWII wars. Here is where you will also find the Stonebridge, a landmark in Milford. There are a few lovely parks as well as the Milford Marina where you can sit and enjoy an ice cream treat from Dip Top as well as the lovely Hotchkiss Bridge.
We also like to drive along Route 1 in Milford where there are plenty of places for us to grab a bite to eat or drink. There's shopping at the Westfield Shopping center as well as many other shopping centers along Route 1. The movie theatre here is really nice and we enjoy watching the latest movies after doing a bite of shopping.
Bertucci's is a great place to grab a good meal whether for lunch or dinner. There are quite a few locations and it's a... more travel advice
Ferni and I have come here quite a few times, most recently to watch a football game but even after catching a movie... more travel advice
- See All A Great place to stay during our road...
- See All Westfield Shopping Center
- See All I enjoy their holiday scents
Gypsystravels' Related Pages
Milford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Connecticut town we enjoy visiting often"
- "Cool Connecticut Town on the Long Island Sound"
- "BAR CRAWLS AND PORN TOO"
- "Milford, CT my home"
- "Shopping, Shopping, Shopping"
- "Milford, CT"
- "Milford, CT or Burst (get the connestogas ready)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Milford
- Hotels in Milford
- Transportation in Milford
- Nightlife in Milford
- Restaurants in Milford
- Shopping in Milford
- Warnings and Dangers in Milford
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Milford
- 32 Reviews
- 76 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Milford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Milford
Photos in MilfordSee All Photos (76)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 223 reviews, 589 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 113 reviews, 310 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 109 reviews, 302 photos, 13 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 95 reviews, 309 photos, 10 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 102 reviews, 271 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 111 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 94 reviews, 267 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 100 reviews, 250 photos, 8 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 83 reviews, 246 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 91 reviews, 210 photos, 4 travelogues