"Some outlet shopping and a great meal" Clinton by Gypsystravels
Clinton Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 52 photos
I must admit that the only time I do find myself in Clinton is to do some outlet shopping. The Clinton Crossing Premium Outlets has some good shopping with mid range designer like Polo, Calvin Klein, Michael Kors, Kate Spade, Nike, Coach, J. Crew, Dooney & Bourke, Sketchers, Nine West, Jones New York, Van Heusen, Tommy Hilfiger, Nautica, Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th, Gymboree, Hanna, Tumi, Sunglass Hut, Vera Bradley, Sworski just to name a few.
We've been shopping here for years and occasionally we'll find some great deals, you just have to know if the particular item you are purchasing is a great deal. Many of the prices aren't really great as we can get some great deals back home at some of our favorite stores, but we are always open to seeing what we can find. My husband is a shopaholic and he knows a great deal when he sees one, so while you can do some serous shopping here, we rarely walk away with tons of bags full of purchases
During our last visit here we were just looking to see what bargains we can find for some items we needed to take on an upcoming trip. We knew exactly what we wanted and needed and what price we were willing to pay.
We walked away with a few more bags than normal as many of the stores where having an additional 40-60% off which we could top off with an additional % or $ off with the VIP Pass..
On this particular visit in May 2015, after some shopping at the outlets we decided to check out a local restaurant for dinner. Boy were we happy we did. The Log Cabin Restaurant was a great place for a nice filling yummy meal with great service and a laid back atmosphere. The restaurant is a local joint that's been around for over 25 years serving the Connecticut shoreline.
We enjoyed our huge portions with plenty to take home to and share. We will definitely be coming back here on our next trip up north..
First off, let me say that we thoroughly enjoyed our meal here. The food was good, the portions huge, the prices... more travel advice
Word of caution, outlets aren't the best deal around. It amazes me how I see people go nuts shopping on items that they... more travel advice
Gypsystravels' Related Pages
Clinton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Outlet Shopping"
- "Some outlet shopping and a great meal"
- "Chooglins Clinton Page"
- "Big Shopping in the Lil State of Connecticut"
- "Clinton, Connecticut"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Clinton
- Transportation in Clinton
- Nightlife in Clinton
- Restaurants in Clinton
- Shopping in Clinton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Clinton
- 10 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Clinton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Clinton
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: New Member Map, Travel Pages..."
- Wrote a Review Clinton Crossing Premium Shopping in Clinton Things to Do
- updated a Clinton Travel Page "Some outlet shopping and a great meal"
- Commented on one of Gypsystravels's Clinton tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Log Cabin Restaurant"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 223 reviews, 589 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 113 reviews, 310 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 109 reviews, 302 photos, 13 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 95 reviews, 309 photos, 10 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 102 reviews, 271 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 111 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 94 reviews, 267 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 100 reviews, 250 photos, 8 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 83 reviews, 246 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 91 reviews, 210 photos, 4 travelogues