"Skier's Paradise, that is VAIL!" Top 5 Page for this destination Vail by Gypsystravels

Vail Travel Guide: 172 reviews and 316 photos

Consistenly voted the #1 ski resort in the US

Vail is a skier and winter sports paradise. With its beautiful packed powder, crisp weather and great dining, there is something here for everyone.

I've been lucky to say the least. My best friend puts together two company sponsored outings every year for her department and Vail is one of the locatons where these outings occur.

As one of her perks she is allowed to participate in the all expenses paid outings, and this time invited me to come along to Vail.

I've always wanted to visit Vail, and who would pass up this opportunity??? Not me! So, I packed my bags, my ski gear and off I went to this winter wonderland.

Okay, I was a bit hesitant as I hadn't been on the slopes for over three years, but hey, "it's like riding a bike, right?"

Anyway, what are ski instructors for, if not to assist you down the slopes?

• Pros:Beautiful snow capped slopes
  • Cons:Those heavy ski boots
  • Last visit to Vail: Feb 2005
  • Intro Updated Mar 17, 2006

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2009 at 3:29 PM

The restaurant tips are interesting and I may try to find some of those in my upcoming trip. Thank you

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2008 at 10:59 AM

Silently chuckling....my son used to work at Larkspur in Vail. He's moved on to San Diego now. We had a fabulous dinner there. Did you see their wine cellar? whew!!

• RosesGarden's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2006 at 10:29 AM

Love the mountains and skiing and Vail is one of the best places, thanks!

• RAJASTHANBYCAR's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2006 at 10:45 AM

Same as Travel Gypesy and snow lover to cold.

• vytisknight's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2005 at 4:44 PM

Your introduction photos were very beautiful.....love the mountains........you can tell everyone had a excellent time by the big smiles :-)

Gypsystravels Visits Here Frequently!

Gypsystravels

“If You don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!”

Badges & Stats in Vail