Washington D.C. Shopping Tips by Gypsystravels
Washington D.C. Shopping: 92 reviews and 167 photos
I love bookstores and specialty bookstores even better. While walking around DC one afternoon we came upon this Travel and Map center. We decided to take a look and see what they had to offer.
They have a large selection of travel books and cd's, maps, and even some hard to find "street finder" maps.
What to buy: I don't recall if we purchased anything, I think that we may have picked up a pocket DC guide.
Address: 1636 I Street North West
Phone: 1 800 232 6277
I enjoy browsing bookstores, and travel bookstores all the better. Candida's is a small place located near Logan Circle. Candida's carries a pretty large selection of travel books considering they are quite small (in bookstore stanadards that is). If you're in the neighborhood, pop on by and peruse their selection of travel related books, assorted best sellers and children's books.
What to buy: Their travel books. Sadly, I've just learned that this book shop has closed.
Address: 1541 14th Street, NW
Directions: Located in the Logan Circle neighborhood.
Store Hours Tue. - Sat. 10 am - 9 pm Sun. noon - 6 pm Mon. closed
Phone: (866) 667-4811
Just in time for the holidays
We took the metro out to Pentagon City from the DC city center for some last minute Christmas shopping. Here you can find all the typical shopping mall stores along with speciality stores, department stores, and of course the food court.
Totally love their food court here at Pentagon City.
What to buy: Stopped at Macy's for a pair of shoes, some women's undergarment and a few other items.
Address: 1100 South Hayes Street, Arlington, VA
Directions: Just a short ride on the
Phone: (703) 415-2400
Theme: Department Store
More Reviews (41)
- See All July 4th in the Capital
- See All Grabbing some lunch
- See All Old Post Office Pavillian
- Everything we need for our weekend...
- An emotional experience
Gypsystravels' Related Pages
Washington D.C. Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Neither American nor European City :-)"
- "Washington DC"
- "Washington D.C."
- "MY HOMETOWN"
- "Washington D.C."
- "My Hometown"
- "Welcome to Washington DC our Nations Capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Washington D.C.
- Hotels in Washington D.C.
- Transportation in Washington D.C.
- Nightlife in Washington D.C.
- Restaurants in Washington D.C.
- Shopping in Washington D.C.
- Warnings and Dangers in Washington D.C.
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Washington D.C.
- 44 Reviews
- 126 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Washington D.C.?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Washington D.C.
- created a Washington D.C. Travelogue "July 4th with Kris and the kids"
- Wrote a Review July 4th in the Capital in Washington D.C. Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Always a great weekend getaway to DC"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: If You had to Choose......."
- Commented on one of nativetraveler's Washington D.C. travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 204 reviews, 513 photos, 12 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 95 reviews, 309 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 108 reviews, 294 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 110 reviews, 292 photos, 10 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 102 reviews, 271 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 111 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 94 reviews, 267 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 100 reviews, 251 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 91 reviews, 210 photos, 4 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 75 reviews, 218 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (151)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- The White House- 130 Reviews, 208 Photos
- Lincoln Memorial- 142 Reviews, 284 Photos
- Washington Monument- 117 Reviews, 218 Photos
- National Gallery of Art- 64 Reviews, 193 Photos
- U.S. Capitol Building- 143 Reviews, 366 Photos
- Chinatown- 18 Reviews, 42 Photos
- Arlington National Cemetery - House- 106 Reviews, 178 Photos
- S.I. National Air and Space Museum- 94 Reviews, 209 Photos
- U.S. Holocaust Museum- 34 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Jefferson Memorial - The Tidal Basin- 95 Reviews, 189 Photos
See All Washington D.C. Things to Do