Washington D.C. Shopping Tips by Gypsystravels
Washington D.C. Shopping: 92 reviews and 167 photos
I love bookstores and specialty bookstores even better. While walking around DC one afternoon we came upon this Travel and Map center. We decided to take a look and see what they had to offer.
They have a large selection of travel books and cd's, maps, and even some hard to find "street finder" maps.
What to buy: I don't recall if we purchased anything, I think that we may have picked up a pocket DC guide.
Address: 1636 I Street North West
Phone: 1 800 232 6277
I enjoy browsing bookstores, and travel bookstores all the better. Candida's is a small place located near Logan Circle. Candida's carries a pretty large selection of travel books considering they are quite small (in bookstore stanadards that is). If you're in the neighborhood, pop on by and peruse their selection of travel related books, assorted best sellers and children's books.
What to buy: Their travel books. Sadly, I've just learned that this book shop has closed.
Address: 1541 14th Street, NW
Directions: Located in the Logan Circle neighborhood.
Store Hours Tue. - Sat. 10 am - 9 pm Sun. noon - 6 pm Mon. closed
Phone: (866) 667-4811
Just in time for the holidays
We took the metro out to Pentagon City from the DC city center for some last minute Christmas shopping. Here you can find all the typical shopping mall stores along with speciality stores, department stores, and of course the food court.
Totally love their food court here at Pentagon City.
What to buy: Stopped at Macy's for a pair of shoes, some women's undergarment and a few other items.
Address: 1100 South Hayes Street, Arlington, VA
Directions: Just a short ride on the
Phone: (703) 415-2400
Theme: Department Store
More Reviews (41)
- See All July 4th in the Capital
- See All Grabbing some lunch
- See All Old Post Office Pavillian
- Everything we need for our weekend...
- An emotional experience
Gypsystravels' Related Pages
Washington D.C. Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Neither American nor European City :-)"
- "Washington DC"
- "Washington D.C."
- "MY HOMETOWN"
- "Washington D.C."
- "My Hometown"
- "Welcome to Washington DC our Nations Capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Washington D.C.
- Hotels in Washington D.C.
- Transportation in Washington D.C.
- Nightlife in Washington D.C.
- Restaurants in Washington D.C.
- Shopping in Washington D.C.
- Warnings and Dangers in Washington D.C.
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Washington D.C.
- 44 Reviews
- 125 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Washington D.C.?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Washington D.C.
- updated a Washington D.C. Travel Page "Always a great weekend getaway to DC"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: New Member Map, Travel Pages..."
- Wrote a Review July 4th in the Capital in Washington D.C. Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Always a great weekend getaway to DC"
- Commented on one of nativetraveler's Washington D.C. travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 229 reviews, 600 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 113 reviews, 311 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 109 reviews, 302 photos, 13 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 95 reviews, 309 photos, 10 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 102 reviews, 271 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 111 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 94 reviews, 267 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 100 reviews, 250 photos, 8 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 83 reviews, 246 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 91 reviews, 210 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (165)
- World War II Memorial- 75 Reviews, 216 Photos
- Washington Monument- 123 Reviews, 229 Photos
- National Gallery of Art- 82 Reviews, 236 Photos
- National Archives- 61 Reviews, 149 Photos
- Ford's Theatre - Petersen House- 34 Reviews, 69 Photos
- White House- 137 Reviews, 221 Photos
- Chinatown- 16 Reviews, 36 Photos
- FDR - Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial- 49 Reviews, 111 Photos
- Korean War Veterans Memorial- 75 Reviews, 182 Photos
- Lincoln Memorial- 149 Reviews, 302 Photos
See All Washington D.C. Things to Do