London Hotel Tips by Gypsystravels

London Hotels: 410,321 reviews and 1,942 photos

My double room - London

My double room

Westpoint Hotel (168/174 Sussex Gardens.): Nice stay by Paddington Station Westpoint Hotel Review

The Westpoint Hotel is located in a Victorian building in a quite residential area in Sussex Gardens. It is centrally located to many major sites and walking distance to Hyde and Kensington Parks. The nearest tube stations are Paddington Station (2 minute walk) and Lancaster Gate (5 minute walk). At Paddington Station you can also ride the Heathrow Express to and from London Heathrow as well as trains to towns outside of London.

My room, a double, was your basic small but very clean room. It had an in-suite bathroom, a super small T.V. mounted on the wall, a closet to hang clothing and a few nice drawers. Breakfast was included in the room rate, but wasn’t something I would get up early to have. Included in the breakfast were a few pieces of ham, cheese, toast, coffee and your choice of juice.

The lobby is quite pleasant looking with marble floors and a nice reception area. To the right of the lobby is a sitting area around a fountain with what looks like a Greek statue in the center. There is a lift to the rooms which is good especially if you are on a higher floor like I was.

Overall, this hotel was exactly what I needed during my most recent visit 5/2008. I would consider staying here again.

Unique Qualities: The reason why I chose this hotel was for its proximity to Paddington Station as I was planning on doing a day trip to Warwick and Oxford. I also wanted to take the Heathrow Express and didn’t want to worry about switching at Paddington Station for a tube ride to another destination. I wanted simplicity.

Address: 168/174 Sussex Gardens

• Updated Jun 23, 2011
Wonderful morning view - London

Wonderful morning view

Conrad London: Conrad London The Chelsea Harbour Hotel Review

View from our window, here at the Conrad at London.

Review Helpfulness: 3 out of 5 stars

• Updated Jun 1, 2008
Our living area - London

Our living area

Conrad London: Conrad London

I loved this hotel. It was perfect for a few nights stay. Best part was the size of the suite, large enough for Mom, Kris and I.

Review Helpfulness: 3 out of 5 stars

• Updated Jun 1, 2008
Our Kingsize bed - London

Our Kingsize bed

Conrad London: Luxury at its best The Chelsea Harbour Hotel Review

This is an excellent hotel with wonderful views of the Thames. It's spacious suites come equipped with all the amenities you will need.

The hotel isn't centrally located and only that would prevent me from staying again. I spent a bomb on taxis during my two night stay here, so plan accordingly.

If you're rich or don't care about throwing money on transportation away, you may just love this hotel.

Unique Qualities: London's only 5 star all suite hotel, the Conrod was a wonderful suprise, with its king size bed, large living area and two bathrooms, what more can a gal ask for?

Directions: Chelsea Harbour

• Updated Mar 20, 2006

Gypsystravels Visits Here Frequently!

Gypsystravels

“If You don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!”

Badges & Stats in London

Have you been to London?

Latest Activity in London

Visiting London?
Read real reviews about London Hotels!

Top 10 London Things to Do