"A Relaxing Ambergris Cay Getaway" Top 5 Page for this destination Ambergris Cay by Gypsystravels
Ambergris Cay Travel Guide: 224 reviews and 375 photos
For years now I had wanted to travel to Belize but found that the price of the airfare was too high to justify such a trip, but I finally did make it here.
I was doing some research trying to find places where it would be warm, and where we can travel to for a short 5 day trip. A place that I had never been to (Mexico, Caribbean, California, Florida, all out) and a place that wouldn't cost a bomb during the peak winter season. Somehow, I found airfares to Belize during my time period to be, well, cheap. (I barely paid $140 rt from NYC).
I couldn't pass this up and called my girlfriend to see if she was interested in joining me since she had been saying she needed to get away for a few days. We decided on the dates and booked our flights to Belize and worry later about planning the rest of the trip.
5 days is all we wanted to spend during this holiday, so we had to make sure to make the best of our time. We did know we wanted to relax and pamper ourselves as well as enjoy the warm weather and water activites and we did exactly that. Our only regret, that 5 days isn't even close enough of the time you would need to appreciate this beautiful country.
As well as relaxing we also wanted to enjoy some great food. My girlfriend and I are both professed foodies, so we definitely wanted to splurge on a few good meals. We both enjoy a great meal no matter where we go and Belize wasn't any different.
There are plenty of good inexpensive restaurants as well as some that are more expensive and just as good. We asked around and we were happy with the places that were recommended to us as well as the places that we found on our own.
I can say that every single meal we had in Belize was quite good and we didn't mind having to pay the prices we did for it.
- Pros:Still quite beautiful and not too touristy
- Cons:Expect to spend more than 1/2 of what you planned
- In a nutshell:We had a fantastic time and will definitely return
The people of Belize are extremely friendly, warm and genuine. You will definitely meet new friends while you are here.... more travel advice
We were sitting on a lounge chair in the beach enjoying a few frozen drinks when we noticed two young couples getting... more travel advice
- Gift shops and novelty stores
- See All Get invited to a Beach BBQ
- See All Be ready for any type of weather
- See All Fun bar at the end of a pier
Gypsystravels' Related Pages
Ambergris Cay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Relaxing Ambergris Cay Getaway"
- "A Short Stay on Ambergris Cay"
- "A real Gem"
- "Beautiful Belize"
- "San Pedro, Caye Ambergris"
- "Ambergris Caye"
- "Lively but still Belize"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ambergris Cay
- Hotels in Ambergris Cay
- Transportation in Ambergris Cay
- Nightlife in Ambergris Cay
- Restaurants in Ambergris Cay
- Shopping in Ambergris Cay
- Warnings and Dangers in Ambergris Cay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ambergris Cay
- 32 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Ambergris Cay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ambergris Cay
Photos in Ambergris CaySee All Photos (73)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 229 reviews, 600 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 113 reviews, 311 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 109 reviews, 302 photos, 13 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 95 reviews, 309 photos, 10 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 102 reviews, 271 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 111 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 94 reviews, 267 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 100 reviews, 250 photos, 8 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 83 reviews, 246 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 91 reviews, 210 photos, 4 travelogues