"Life, Love and Compassion" Gypsystravels's Profile

Beauty of life....you can always begin again

Life is wonderful and you just never know what twists and turns yours will take. But, with lots of love, hope and happiness in your heart, you will eventually find all the pieces that work together to make you more complete. I've been lucky to have found all that and so much more in my darling John David, that we wanted to seal our love in marriage. On May 15, 2015 with our closest family and friends gathered together we exchanged our vows and we are now Mr. and Mrs.

I am so blessed to finally have found my "soulmate" and I'm looking forward to every single day we spend together. Life has it's ups and downs and I sure have had my share, but we each have our own journeys to follow and I embrace every single step of mine as I am thankful for a Wonderful Life.

~~

“Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, or worn. It is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace & gratitude.”

Denis Waitley~~

Life's too short to live everyday exactly the same

Trying to decide where to travel to isn't easy for us because we do enjoy finding new favorites, but there are places that we also like returning to which makes it more difficult. The planning part always gets me excited especially knowing I'll be somewhere else in this beautiful world.

I'm quite flexible when it comes to where our travels may take us....we stay open for whatever opportunity comes our way. Not planning to far ahead gives us the opportunity to take advantage of excellent sudden super cheap fares. The fact that we aren't restricted to what time of year we can travel or the length of our trip allows us to avoid the major peak travel times (with the exception of Thanksgiving week which is during my birthday). I travel about 5-6 times a year (not including long weekend trips), and about 3 times with my husband as he has less vacation time than I do. Having all this time off from work allows me to also travel with my family or friends.

Once we've decided on our location and we have purchased our tickets, then I'll start doing a little research. I like to familiarize myself with the destination noting what to see and do especially if it's my first time traveling there. I'll read guide books, search the internet (Tripadvisor, i.e.) as well as read VT member pages. Finding a few places to eat is important to me since I do not consume any meat. Traveling to a destination that has some political unrest, the US has issued travel advisories, or the language barrier may be too much for me, then I will do tours or hire a guide.

Exploring on our own is our preferred way of travel as it gives us the freedom to do as little or as much as we please, going on our own pace and just taking it all in.

There are just too many places in this beautiful world that I want to visit so I try to keep my repeat travels to shorter visits utilizing the time I have to spend on the new destination.

For me "Life's too Short to Live Everyday Exactly the Same" so why should my travels be any different?

2015 will take me to a few new destinations as well as some favorites and I can't wait to get out there and explore.

I haven't been everywhere...but it's on my list

Let’s face it, we’ve all made a travel list at some point. Whether we have stuck to it and traveled to or plan to travel to all those places, or whether that list was updated and continued to change, one thing probably remains the same, our desire to get out there and see the world. For me it’s always been a way to widen my love of this world. I’ve had many lists but one thing that is consistent is that I want to see it all, experience it all, and enjoy it all.

I know that I will never have the opportunity in my life time to experience all the beautiful places, places that can inspire me, places that can take my breath away or places that would probably bring an inner fulfillment to me, but I'm going to try...

Here is a list of places that I've wanted to visit and have eluded me for some time....but I'm sure I'll visit some day...

Antartica
Philippines
Cambodia
New Zealand

~~
“Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard~~

What I have been up to

I've done quite a bit of traveling in the past three years since I've done any significant writing here on VT. So many changes and a loss in my life that I focused all my time, energy and love on those things which required my attention. It's taken me some time to have the desire and time to put my travels into writing again, but slowly I am working on it.

I've healed, found my role in this world and new passions, and even fell in love again and married the love of my life. Now that I have all those things in line I have a bit of time to dedicate to one of my passions, writing about the wonderful people, places and experiences I have encountered during my travels.

~~

For this Gypsy exploration is the essence of her human spirit, so I shall go forward and explore
~~ Janet A.~~

Where have I been

I've been to some amazing new places and some old favorites, but first up I will try to update some of the old pages with new visits, try to get to the new locations and hopefully update some of my older neglected pages. This is a huge undertaking but I'm hoping that writing about my travels will ease a bit of the stress that I've been under these days.

Stay tuned: I am working on Dominica, Grenada, St. Kitts, Puerto Rico, Galapagos, South Africa, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Oahu, Maui, Newport, Portsmouth, Boston, and many many more.

~~ Janet A.~~

Some of my favorite places

Most people will say that I've been fortunate to have traveled to all the amazing places I have been to, but in my opinion anyone can if they really want to.....

As far as European cities are concerned, Paris will always be my favorite... she captured my heart from the moment my feet touched her soil. Germany, Barcelona and Milan are very close seconds.

Egypt, Turkey and Thailand for their historical beauty, South Africa, Galapagos and Alaska for their natural beauty, Maui, Turks & Caicos, Puerto Rico and Maldives for their blissful serenity, San Francisco, Miami and Sydney for their chic city vibe, Newport, Portsmouth and Mystic for their New England Charm, and DC just because it's the capital.

Of course I have many more and to be quite honest, every place I've been to has a "favorite" spot in my heart.

Living a conscious and compassionte life

I'm very passionate about working towards the day when all beings, great and small, can live their lives as they wish without human kind abusing, destroying and using them for their own gain, profit, use.

Being conscious and compassionate about our planet is very important to me so my obsession (if you can call it that) is to contribute, assist and inform about the plight that so many of the living beings who share this plant with use are enduring. Following is a list of sites that I am currently contributing to financially, spreading the word about conservation (via my facebook page and instagram) and volunteering to educate others in finding ways to help conserve our world.

This is a very small list and I will be updating it very soon.

~~
"The strenght of our spirituality is determined by our tratement of other people and other animals"

~~From inside the Divine Pattern by Anthony Douglas Williams~~

A few of may favorite quotes

I love my past, I love my present. I am not ashamed of what I have had, and I am not sad because I no longer have it
~~Sidonie Gabrielle Collette~~

Life is truly known only to those who suffer, lose, endure adversity and stumble from defeat to defeat.
~~Anais Nin~~

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature.
~~Helen Keller~~

There is something in November sets the gypsy blood astir, we must rise and follow her; When from every hill of flame, She calls and calls each vagabond by name
~~ William Bliss Carman~~

• Intro Updated Jun 16, 2015

• ronay's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2015 at 4:47 AM

hi thks to be my friend ...

Mar 23, 2015 at 12:57 PM

Thanks for visiting my Aruba pages. Glad you enjoyed. You'll love Aruba! Are you visiting Aruba and Barbados on a cruise stop?

Mar 23, 2015 at 6:16 PM

Thank you....I would appreciate it.

Mar 23, 2015 at 6:32 PM

When are you gonna be there, as we booked him a month in advance.
      You can e-mail any time with details, and I will help you plan out your trip, and give you some tips, as I'm still working on Barbados pages.

Mar 21, 2015 at 12:23 PM

Nice Caribbean pages. I had considered taking a cruise twice already, but opted out, because I thought it would be rushed, and we wouldn't see too much. However, after reading your tips, and seeing how much you were able to see, I am seriously starting to reconsider. Though there are still some islands I want to explore thoroughly.

Mar 25, 2015 at 1:30 PM

Same here. Normally the places I visit multiple times, are the places where I have family. But some big countries like India, Mexico, and Russia. I would probably make multiple trips to cover it all.

Mar 25, 2015 at 1:42 PM

That is the beauty of travel....many places require weeks to fully appreciate it, so repeat travel may be in order...

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2015 at 3:02 PM

Thank for your lovely comments, really appreciated! I love painting birds and animals and bringing them to life on the plate!

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2015 at 1:36 AM

Good to read your newest update here. Wish you all the love and luck. PJ

Jan 26, 2015 at 7:52 PM

Hi PJ, hope you and the family are doing well. Thank you so much for your sweet wishes.

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2015 at 8:35 AM

It was an AMAZING day! We are so happy you were able to come out and celebrate! We both still have big smiles and on that "honeymoon high." :-) Happy New Year to you both! 2015 will be another fantastic year!

• DUNK67's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Happy belated birthday

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2014 at 10:52 PM

¡Feliz cumpleaños! perdona el retraso pero es que estaba fuera

• Odiseya's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Happy Birthday! I wish you all the Best!

• Daja123's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Happy Birthday Janet! Greetings from Slovenia! :-)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Gypsystravels

“If You don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!”

Real Name