VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"The Kingdom of Swaziland" Swaziland by Moirads

Swaziland Travel Guide: 255 reviews and 680 photos

Africa's Switzerland

Some years ago I had the privilege of spending a year in Swaziland as a missionary. I was stationed in the Msunduza Township in Mbabane at the Msunduza Clinic owned by The Salvation Army. During that year I visited many parts of Swaziland. What follows on these pages is a rehash of the personal diaries I wrote at the time.

Swaziland is a tiny landlocked country bordering both South Africa and Mozambique. It is hilly and very pretty. It has the world's highest birthrate at 6.2 live births per woman. It also has one of the highest rates of HIV in the world. My field of work. No money for treatment. Heartbreak.

I loved the Swazi people, their very pretty country and the peaceful tranquility, but ultimately I'm a big city girl and I really hankered after Johannesburg's bright lights and theatres, so in the end I came "home".

• Pros:A beautiful country with a wonderful people.
  • Cons:The absolute monarchy and poverty.
  • In a nutshell:Worth a trip to this little country.
  • Last visit to Swaziland: Jan 2002
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

Comments

Moirads Used To Live Here!

Badges & Stats in Swaziland

Have you been to Swaziland?

Latest Activity in Swaziland