"The Kingdom of Swaziland" Swaziland by Moirads
Swaziland Travel Guide: 255 reviews and 680 photos
Some years ago I had the privilege of spending a year in Swaziland as a missionary. I was stationed in the Msunduza Township in Mbabane at the Msunduza Clinic owned by The Salvation Army. During that year I visited many parts of Swaziland. What follows on these pages is a rehash of the personal diaries I wrote at the time.
Swaziland is a tiny landlocked country bordering both South Africa and Mozambique. It is hilly and very pretty. It has the world's highest birthrate at 6.2 live births per woman. It also has one of the highest rates of HIV in the world. My field of work. No money for treatment. Heartbreak.
I loved the Swazi people, their very pretty country and the peaceful tranquility, but ultimately I'm a big city girl and I really hankered after Johannesburg's bright lights and theatres, so in the end I came "home".
- Pros:A beautiful country with a wonderful people.
- Cons:The absolute monarchy and poverty.
- In a nutshell:Worth a trip to this little country.
Swazi emalengeni and South African rands are linked currencies and you can spend South African rands in Swaziland... more travel advice
Moirads' Related Pages
Swaziland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Kingdom of Swaziland"
- "Swaziland - The Switzerland of Africa"
- "THE KINGDOM OF SWAZILAND"
- "wadekorzan's new Swaziland Page"
- "Two Days in Swaziland"
- "THE KINGDOM OF SWAZILAND !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Swaziland
- Hotels in Swaziland
- Transportation in Swaziland
- Nightlife in Swaziland
- Restaurants in Swaziland
- Shopping in Swaziland
- Warnings and Dangers in Swaziland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Swaziland
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Swaziland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Swaziland
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Johannesburg Intro, 50 reviews, 97 photos
- South Africa Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos
- Pretoria Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Greater London Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- England Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Swaziland Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Kruger National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sun City Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Zimbabwe Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Kenya Intro, 1 photo