"About me then..." Treeman28's Profile

My travels

With the exception of the US and Canada, and a day in Tangier, I have not yet been outside of Europe, though my plan is to work my way East. I have got as far as the Balkans at the moment, and will by next year have got to Russia (or so I intend)
Travelling is what distracts me more than anything else, with the possible exceptions of music and literature. I wouldn't say I had a favourite country, though I do like Germany, and England of course, but my favourite cities are London, Rome, Berlin and Vancouver. My favourite place is perhaps the Lake District, as my very English upbringing means I have an affinity with the place bordering on a personal relationship. That probably sounds odd, but if you've been there (and I mean really been there, not just gone to Windermere and got a boat out on the lake) you'll understand.

My interests/ qualifications

I am currently studying English Literature at Cambridge, and have an interest in art and music (mostly, but not solely, Classical, including opera). An avid reader of National Geographic, I have been known to wander into scientific areas.
Languages are also an interest, but I cannot yet claim to be fluent in anything other than English, but am able to wield German with some confidence, and am reading Italian as part of my course. French remains as a vestigial smattering from school.

The man behind my Wanderlust

• Intro Updated Aug 7, 2013

• Bob_v_H's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2011 at 8:28 AM

Morskie Oko must be beautiful! I haven't been there and I think it'll be a challenging route, but it'll be worth it. It was easy for me to get a 1:20 000 map, but that map only covers the Polish part of the High Tatra's. I'm pretty sure there'll be loads of maps available, so you don't have to worry about that.
    If you can find a way to get to the Orava Castle by public transport, I would recommend you to do that because public transport is very cheap and organized trips are relatively expensive.
    Enjoy your stay in Poland! Bob

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Thanks for the birthday wishes, David!

• suvanki's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Hi! Thanks for adding me to your friends list. Looking forward to seeing more of your travel pics and tips. Have a Great BH weekend Sue

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Treeman28's Profile Photo

Treeman28

“Wander, and the path will follow”

Real Name