"About me then..." Treeman28's Profile
With the exception of the US and Canada, and a day in Tangier, I have not yet been outside of Europe, though my plan is to work my way East. I have got as far as the Balkans at the moment, and will by next year have got to Russia (or so I intend)
Travelling is what distracts me more than anything else, with the possible exceptions of music and literature. I wouldn't say I had a favourite country, though I do like Germany, and England of course, but my favourite cities are London, Rome, Berlin and Vancouver. My favourite place is perhaps the Lake District, as my very English upbringing means I have an affinity with the place bordering on a personal relationship. That probably sounds odd, but if you've been there (and I mean really been there, not just gone to Windermere and got a boat out on the lake) you'll understand.
I am currently studying English Literature at Cambridge, and have an interest in art and music (mostly, but not solely, Classical, including opera). An avid reader of National Geographic, I have been known to wander into scientific areas.
Languages are also an interest, but I cannot yet claim to be fluent in anything other than English, but am able to wield German with some confidence, and am reading Italian as part of my course. French remains as a vestigial smattering from school.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 19 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Commented on Treeman28's profile page
updated their Profile Page "About me then..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "About me then..."
- Wrote a Review Cambridge's Best Pub (from a student and regular) in Cambridge Restaurants
- created a Zakopane Travel Page "High Tatras - crossing from Poland to Slovakia"
- Treeman28 and suvanki are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Zakopane Forum "Re: Getting from Zakopane to..."
Top 10 Pages
- Arnhem Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Malbork Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Germany Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Kotor Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Zakopane Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Cambridge 1 review, 5 photos
- Bremen Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Bled Intro, 3 photos
- Kranjska Gora 1 review, 2 photos
- Slovenia 1 review, 1 photo