"Picton" Top 5 Page for this destination Picton by al2401
Picton Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 192 photos
Picton's main claim to fame is that it is the port at the southern end of the Cook Strait ferry crossing. It is also on the edge of New Zealand's wonderful Marlborough region. Picturesque sounds and delicious wine tastings spring to mind.
The town was named after Sir Thomas Picton who, as a military associate of the Duke of Wellington, was killed in the battle of Waterloo.
Picton is the port for the passenger/vehicle ferry to and from the North Island. There are two companies - InterIslander... more travel advice
A New Zealand winery started by an Aussie! There are even Eucalypts and Aussie nativres in the garden. Aussies and Kiwis... more travel advice
al2401's Related Pages
Picton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A crossroads for Ferry Travellers"
- "Pretty Picton"
- "Picton, gateway to the South Island of New Zealand"
- "Ferry Interesting"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Picton
- Hotels in Picton
- Transportation in Picton
- Restaurants in Picton
- Warnings and Dangers in Picton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Picton
- 10 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Picton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Picton
Top 10 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 29 reviews, 207 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 41 reviews, 170 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 29 reviews, 175 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 29 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 20 reviews, 155 photos, 8 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 22 reviews, 132 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 29 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 22 reviews, 96 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 10 reviews, 106 photos, 7 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 10 reviews, 100 photos, 7 travelogues
Latest Picton hotel reviews
- Picton Lodge Backpackers
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- Yacht Club Hotel Picton
- 240 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Escape to Picton Boutique Hotel
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 26, 2013
- Lochmara Lodge - Wildlife Recovery and Arts Centre
- 83 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 26, 2013
- Tourist Court Motels
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 21, 2013
- The Villa Backpackers Lodge
- 55 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013