"Nelson - New Zealand's most sunny city" Top 5 Page for this destination Nelson by al2401
Nelson Travel Guide: 97 reviews and 189 photos
Nelson, named after Admiral Horatio Nelson, is the oldest established city on the South Island and the second oldest in New Zealand. It was founded in 1841 on the eastern shores of Tasman Bay.
Nelson's climate is the mildest all the New Zealand major centre with an average of more than 2,400 hour sunlight a year. The major industries are forestry, fishing, agriculture and toruism.
Nelson is the gateway to the magnificent Abel Tasman National Park.
The Queens Gardens were opened in 1892 to mark the Jubilee of Queen Victoria and are a beautiful example of a classical... more travel advice
Abel Tasman National Park, located at the north end of the South Island west of Nelson, is the smallest of New Zealand's... more travel advice
al2401's Related Pages
Nelson Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sunny Nelson"
- "Nelson - New Zealand's most sunny city"
- "Nelson - Sunniest City in NZ"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nelson
- Hotels in Nelson
- Transportation in Nelson
- Nightlife in Nelson
- Restaurants in Nelson
- Shopping in Nelson
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nelson
- 12 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (57)
Have you been to Nelson?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nelson
Photos in NelsonSee All Photos (54)
Top 10 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 29 reviews, 207 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 46 reviews, 173 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 29 reviews, 175 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 29 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brisbane Intro, 35 reviews, 155 photos
- Egypt Intro, 20 reviews, 155 photos, 8 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 22 reviews, 132 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 29 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 22 reviews, 96 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 10 reviews, 106 photos, 7 travelogues