"Blackall Range" Blackall Range by al2401
Blackall Range Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 74 photos
The Blackall Range runs behind the Sunshine Coast parallel to the ocean. Starting with Maleny in the south a road travels along the ridge, linking Montville, Flaxton and Mapleton and showing spectacular views over the Sunshine Coast.
A drive up the range is a very popular outing for residents and tourist alike.
Activities are varied. There are three main parks with walking tracks through subtropical rainforest and sclerophyll forest - Mary Cairncross Park, Kondalilla National Park and Mapleton Falls National Park.
Shops, galleries and restaurants can be found in all of the range town and there are wineries at Maleny and Montville. There are also many Bed & Breakfasts and small hotel accommodation. There is even a reception centre on the east side of the range which caters mainly for weddings and offers amazing views.
On the western side of the range are the towns of Kenilworth and Connondale. This is rich dairy country and Kenilworth is famous for its cheese.
Along with the Bunya Mountains the Blackall Range isthe only are where the Bunya Pine is found naturally. The area was first established by timber getters after the Red Cedar which grows in the rainforest.
In the main street of Montville you will find the outlet for Mason's wines. The wines are sourced from the Granite Belt... more travel advice
I have eaten here on a number of occasions. The atmosphere is casual and the service very good. The menu has always had... more travel advice
al2401's Related Pages
Blackall Range Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Blackall Range
- Hotels in Blackall Range
- Restaurants in Blackall Range
- Warnings and Dangers in Blackall Range
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Blackall Range
- 23 Reviews
- 70 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Blackall Range?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blackall Range
Photos in Blackall RangeSee All Photos (70)
Top 10 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 29 reviews, 207 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 46 reviews, 174 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 29 reviews, 175 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 29 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brisbane Intro, 35 reviews, 155 photos
- Egypt Intro, 20 reviews, 155 photos, 8 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 22 reviews, 132 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 29 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 22 reviews, 96 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 10 reviews, 106 photos, 7 travelogues