"No longer the surfers' well kept secret" Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba by al2401
Mooloolaba Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 385 photos
Once a sleepy little fishing town that was considered as a surfers' best kept secret Mooloolaba is now a busy and popular tourist destination. It is located in the centre of the Sunshine Coast, South East Queensland and has activities for all ages and interests.
The most obvious attraction are the glorious sandy surf beaches - part of an almost continuous stretch from just north of Noosa to
Caloundra in the south. From here you can easily take in the lush sub-tropical hinterland hills, a visit to the popular Australia Zoo and even a day trip to world famous Fraser Island (better to overnight here). Close at hand is the fascinating Underwater World aquarium and directly out to sea the more adventurous may dive on the wreck of the HMAS Brisbane.
Wandering along the esplanade you will discovers numerous boutiques and delightful and varied cuisine. There is nothing like an evening meal sitting outside with the sound of the waves.
Unfortunately the youth of Mooloolaba have the same issues as most youth these days and occaisionally are a nuisance with their loud vehicles. It is all just part of the scene.
The sun rising over the sea is always spectacular but when you add a few cluds on the horizon, Norfolk Pines and fishing... more travel advice
Flame Hill vineyards are on the Blackall Range west of Mooloolaba. The winery 'cellar door' and restaurant are in a... more travel advice
al2401's Related Pages
Mooloolaba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mooloolaba...just come as you are"
- "No longer the surfers' well kept secret"
- "Happy days in Mooloolaba."
- "Central Sunshine Coast - Mooloolaba"
- "Home is Paradise"
- "Endless Ocean Vistas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mooloolaba
- Hotels in Mooloolaba
- Nightlife in Mooloolaba
- Restaurants in Mooloolaba
- Shopping in Mooloolaba
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Mooloolaba
- 22 Reviews
- 96 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Mooloolaba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mooloolaba
Photos in MooloolabaSee All Photos (96)
Top 10 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 29 reviews, 207 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 41 reviews, 170 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 29 reviews, 175 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 29 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brisbane Intro, 35 reviews, 155 photos
- Egypt Intro, 20 reviews, 155 photos, 8 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 22 reviews, 132 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 29 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 22 reviews, 96 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 10 reviews, 106 photos, 7 travelogues
Latest Mooloolaba hotel reviews
- Mantra Sirocco
- 91 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 18, 2013
- Outrigger Mooloolaba International Beach Resort
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Mantra Zanzibar
- 98 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Breakfree Caribbean Resort - Mooloolaba
- 187 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 28, 2013
- Peninsular Beachfront Resort
- 94 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 15, 2013
- Comfort Inn Mooloolaba
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 22, 2013
- Beachside Mooloolaba Sunshine Coast
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 25, 2013
- Sandcastles On The Beach Mooloolaba
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Landmark Resort
- 289 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 15, 2013
- Windward Apartments
- 142 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 13, 2013
- Dockside Holiday Apartments
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Nautilus Mooloolaba
- 95 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Mooloolaba Beach Backpackers
- 4 Reviews & Opinions