"Yandina" Top 5 Page for this destination Yandina by al2401
Yandina Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 99 photos
Yandina was the first town to be established in the Maroochy region and was planned to be the shire town. Siting of the sugar mill at nearby Nambour soon saw that town grow and it became the seat of local government.
Yandina grew around a timber industry until a shortage of supply forced teh closure of teh timber mill. The area continued with beef and dairy cattle and the groing of fruit, sugar and ginger. The ginger was transported to the factory at Buderim until the factory was moved to Yandina in 1980 - a tourist complex has grown around the still working ginger processing factory.
The town also has an historic pub popular with visitors and locals and is the home of the famous Spirit House Thai restaurant and cooking school.
Yandina is one of the Sunshine Coast's heritage towns. There are many well preserved older homes and the shopfronts in... more travel advice
The Spirit House restaurant and cooking school is set amongst tropical gardens near the town of Yandina. The restaurant... more travel advice
al2401's Related Pages
Yandina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yandina...still a little bit country"
- "HOME OF THE GINGER & THE GINGER FACTORY"
- "Yandina revisited"
- "Yandina: A Nice Lil Town"
- "YANDINA THE OLDEST SURVIVING TOWNSHIP"
- "Yandina -Ginger & Macadamia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yandina
- Restaurants in Yandina
- Shopping in Yandina
- Warnings and Dangers in Yandina
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yandina
- 5 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Yandina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yandina
Photos in YandinaSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 29 reviews, 207 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 46 reviews, 173 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 29 reviews, 175 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 29 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brisbane Intro, 35 reviews, 155 photos
- Egypt Intro, 20 reviews, 155 photos, 8 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 22 reviews, 132 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 29 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 22 reviews, 96 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 10 reviews, 106 photos, 7 travelogues