"York - a slice of history" Top 5 Page for this destination York by al2401
York Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 201 photos
97 kilometres east of Perth is York, the oldest inland town in Western Australia. It was settled in 1831 and is now home to over 2,000 people.
The area around York was opened up to grow crops and the area soon expanded. By the 1880's the town was filled with miners and fossickers as the got off from the train on their way to the gold fields further east.
It was during these years that the lovely buildings were constructed.
The old flour mill is an impressive landmark as you enter the town of York. It was built in 1892 and was the main source... more travel advice
al2401's Related Pages
York Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's York - Western Australia"
- "York - a slice of history"
- "York - The Oldest Inland Town in WA"
- "A lovely little town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in York
- Hotels in York
- Transportation in York
- Restaurants in York
- Shopping in York
- See All...
Badges & Stats in York
- 3 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to York?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in York
Top 10 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 29 reviews, 207 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 46 reviews, 173 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 29 reviews, 175 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 29 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brisbane Intro, 35 reviews, 155 photos
- Egypt Intro, 20 reviews, 155 photos, 8 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 22 reviews, 132 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 29 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 22 reviews, 96 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 10 reviews, 106 photos, 7 travelogues