"Puno" Top 5 Page for this destination Puno by al2401
Puno Travel Guide: 185 reviews and 496 photos
Puno is located on the shore of Lake Titicaca. Its history dates back to 1668 several buildings from the colonial period remain.
Although Puno is the centre for the agriculture and livestock of the Alti Plano (especially llamas and alpacas) much of its economy is subsidised by black market goods from Bolivia. The other major contributor to the economy is tourism particularly the floating islands of the Uros people on Lake Titicaca and the archaelogical site at Sillustani.
If you really want to do a tourist thing take a ride in a Trishaw Cab. The cab holds two people and is propelled by a... more travel advice
As with all Spanish colonial cities the Plaza de Armas is to be found in the centre of town. It is also lways the... more travel advice
al2401's Related Pages
Puno Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Puno, the gate of Titicaca"
- "Puno: City By Lake Titicaca"
- "The Night Before Puno"
- "Lake Titicacca and Puno"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puno
- Hotels in Puno
- Transportation in Puno
- Restaurants in Puno
- Shopping in Puno
- Warnings and Dangers in Puno
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puno
- 10 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Puno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puno
Photos in PunoSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 29 reviews, 207 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 46 reviews, 173 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 29 reviews, 175 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 29 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brisbane Intro, 35 reviews, 155 photos
- Egypt Intro, 20 reviews, 155 photos, 8 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 22 reviews, 132 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 29 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 22 reviews, 96 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 10 reviews, 106 photos, 7 travelogues