"Senlis" Senlis by al2401
Senlis Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 86 photos
This medieval town is situated about 40 km north of Paris in the province of l'Oise in Picardie.
In early Roman times it was known as Augustomagus and remains of this time are still to be found just ot the west of the town. A seven metre high wall was built during the 3rd century and about half of it is still in existance.
Senlis became the home of the early French royal dynasties. It is popular with tourists due to its history and links to royalty. One of the most popular attractions is the gothic cathedral.
Morris dance is a traditional English form of folk dance. It is performed mainly using rhythmical walking and hopping... more travel advice
al2401's Related Pages
Senlis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SENLIS - PICARDIE - FRANCE"
- "Close to Paris but Really French"
- "delightful town"
- "Senlis, FR"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Senlis
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Senlis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Senlis
Top 10 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 29 reviews, 207 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 41 reviews, 170 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 29 reviews, 175 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 29 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brisbane Intro, 35 reviews, 155 photos
- Egypt Intro, 20 reviews, 155 photos, 8 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 22 reviews, 132 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 29 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 22 reviews, 96 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 10 reviews, 106 photos, 7 travelogues