"Iloilo" Iloilo by shoepirate

Iloilo Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 56 photos

First time I set foot in Iloilo

I am actually working in Naga Camarines Sur from a Medical Distribution Company. One day I thought maybe I should try travelling on my own and started my travel last year 2008 driving my car from Naga all the way to Cebu(my hometown) via Samar and Leyte. Should anyone want to ask about my trip regarding transportation,fares, fee etc..I can give you tips at least closer to reality since I haven't entered the deatils in my journal.
It's my first time to set foot in Iloilo and in this website. Hitchhiking a friend is not actually a hitchhike, what's it called by the way? because that was what I did last Saturday December 19, 2009 from Bicol to Manila. My friend housemate named Shelley and me set off from Naga at around 10 but she had some errands to do, in short we hit the road at around probably almost 12. Perhaps you might wanna ask about the distance of Naga to Manila, est. 380kms, travel time may vary what kind of driver you are and the traffic you will experience along the way especially in Lucena, Sariaya, San Pablo, but generally travel time would take 8 hours, it can either be shorter or longer, expect your arse to feel uncomfortable pain sitting long hours straight. For traveller reading this, you might wanna know bus traversing this route, you can buy ticket in CBD(Central Bus Depot) as what they call it in Naga, just a block accross SM City. YOu can choose from Philtranco,Isarog,Penafrancia. Tickets are sold at 700 to a thousand pesos.
I got off the car at Sm Bicutan where I transfered to another friends car at around 9pm. We drive from there to Shell SLEX and grab a dinner for myself, my friend had his early that evening. I chose KFC,a chicken burger combo, I wanted it light since it's already late and in a short while I'd be in bed. Well, you can choose different types of fastfood there, it's all around the whole block. Here's the deal,tip for the one's travelling,drink fresh milk probably 2 packs of 200ml so that in the morning you'd be bale to manage loosing bowel and won't have to worry looking for a CR along the way. You must also include it in your list. Comfort rooms in Shell SLEX doesn't have ...I will edit this Im tired and hungry

• Last visit to Iloilo: Dec 2009
  • Intro Written Dec 21, 2009

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.