Guangzhou Off The Beaten Path Tips by keeweechic
Guangzhou Off The Beaten Path: 53 reviews and 64 photos
Shenzhen is the centre of a Special Economic Zone and apparently has the highest growing in China. Shenzhen was formerly known as Bao'an County. Today the city is a major manufacturing center in China. One of Shenzhen’s high-rises lays claim to being the 8th tallest building in the world. The city has a population of more than 2 million and is located at the border to Hongkong.
Splendid China in Shenzen is a clone of Taiwan's 'Window on China'. It allows you to 'visit all of China in one day'. Beijing's Forbidden City, the Great Wall, Tibet's Potala Palace, the Shaolin Temple, the gardens of Suzhow, the rock formations of Guilin, the Tianshan Mountains of Xinjiang, the Stone Forest in Yunnan, Huangguoshu Falls, ... even some sights of Taiwan! Everything is reduced to one fifteenth of its real size. Another site has opened in Florida I believe.
Opening Times: 8:00 - 17:30
Terracotta warriors and horses. This was just a small display of a few pieces in the he Exhibition Hall in Shekou . The place to visit is Xian. Still it was nice to see some of the pieces.
Downtown ever growing Shenzen. A larger number of foreigners are now living in Shenzhen which has been aiding in the increase of overseas-financed businesses.
The Zhong bells were part of the Museums exhibit. These bells have a long history which dates back to the Shang dynasty (1766-1122BC). It was common then to see them in a set of 3 although earlier times produced pottery ones which were unearthed from the late stone age in the Shaanxi province.
The Exhibition Hall
Shekou is part of the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone, is located on the east coast of the Pearl River estuary, west of Shenzhen city. The Exhibition Hall in Shekou displays some of the Terracotta Warriors and horses which were unearthed in Xian as well as displays of bronze, porcelain and pottery of Tang dynasty unearthed in Xian.
More Reviews (17)
keeweechic's Related Pages
Guangzhou Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nuthin' But a "GZ" Thang"
- "Guangzhou - From back in the day....."
- "Guangzhou - My Chinese Home"
- "The Gateway to China"
- "Joe Cooper's Guangzhou Page"
- "Guangdong Pearl River Delta: Land of Fish And Rice"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guangzhou
- Hotels in Guangzhou
- Transportation in Guangzhou
- Nightlife in Guangzhou
- Restaurants in Guangzhou
- Shopping in Guangzhou
- Warnings and Dangers in Guangzhou
- See All...
Explore the World
- Clearwater Beach Island Hotels
- Shepparton Hotels
- Colonia del Sacramento
- Porto Cristo
- Foy Sagar Hotels
- Iwakuni Hotels
- South Island
- Near Bilbao
- Province of the Western Cape Off The Beaten Path
- Jerez de la Frontera Off The Beaten Path
- Page Off The Beaten Path
- France Off The Beaten Path
- Duluth Off The Beaten Path
- Gettysburg Off The Beaten Path
- Shillong Off The Beaten Path
- Miami Off The Beaten Path
- Bahai Temple
- Mississippi Off The Beaten Path
- Munnar Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Guangzhou
- 23 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 94 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Guangzhou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guangzhou
Photos in GuangzhouSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 336 reviews, 608 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 238 reviews, 512 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fremantle Intro, 258 reviews, 399 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 223 reviews, 348 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 159 reviews, 370 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 122 reviews, 364 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 212 reviews, 273 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 148 reviews, 322 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Intro, 147 reviews, 285 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevilla Intro, 127 reviews, 284 photos, 3 travelogues
Latest Guangzhou hotel reviews
- South America Grand Hotel
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 29, 2012
- Marriott China Hotel
- 222 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Nanmei Osotto Recreation Hotel
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 4, 2013
- Bishuiwan Hot Spring Holiday Inn
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- Jin Yuan
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 26, 2013
- Vagada Boutique Hotel
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 28, 2012
- Qi Fu Hotel Guangzhou
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Garden Inn (Guangzhou Zhongshan Forth Road)
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 10, 2012
- Guangzhou Hotel
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Springdale Serviced Residence
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 17, 2013
- Six Banyan Temple- 15 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Qing Ping Market- 6 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Temple of Chen Family- 12 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Zoo- 8 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Orchid Garden- 13 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Five Rams Statue- 8 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Guangxiao Temple- 10 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Museum of the Mausoleum of the Nanyue King- 6 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Temple of the Five Celestial Beings- 8 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Baiyun Shan- 5 Reviews, 5 Photos
See All Guangzhou Things to Do