White Rock Local Custom Tips by keeweechic
White Rock Local Customs: 2 reviews and 2 photos
There are ghost story that has been circulating for around a century of the 'Young Lady of the Lake - with varying interpretations.
Dr. Eckersall, a local physician, was driving home late one Saturday night. He slowed down while driving past the lake so he could admire the glistening of the full moon against the water. Out of the corner of his eye appeared a lovely young girl, dressed in the an evening gowns, beckoning him for a lift. He braked and motioned her to climb into the back seat of his car. "All cluttered up with golf clubs and bags up here in front," he said. "But what on earth is a youngster like you doing out here all alone at this time of night?"
"It's too long a story to tell you now," said the girl. Her voice was sweet and somewhat shrill -- like the tinkling of sleigh bells. "Please, please take me home. My car broke down a few miles back and I have been trying to get help for the longest time. I live up the road about 5 miles. I do hope it's not too far out of your way."
The doctor drove rapidly to her destination, and as he pulled up before the shuttered house, he exclaimed, "Here we are." Then he turned around. The back seat was empty, except for a small puddle of lake water dripping down onto the floorboard.
"What the devil?" the doctor muttered to himself. The girl couldn't possibly have fallen from the car. Nor could she simply have vanished. He rang insistently on the house bell, confused as he had never been before. At long last the door opened. A gray-haired, very tired-looking man peered out at him.
"I can't tell you what an amazing thing has happened," began the doctor. "A young girl gave me this address a while back. I drove her here and . . ."
"Yes, yes, I know," said the man wearily. "This has happened several other Saturday evenings in the past month. That young girl, sir, was my daughter. She was killed in a boating accident on White Rock Lake almost two years ago . . ."
The White Rock 'n' Roll festival is held at Winfrey Point for the Northeast Dallas Chamber of Commerce's White Rock Lake Festival in May.
More Reviews (31)
keeweechic's Related Pages
White Rock Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Rwanda Hotels
- Erie Hotels
- Duluth Hotels
- Beserah Hotels
- Hlavni Mesto Praha
- Saint Lucia Hotels
- Aggeneys Hotels
- Tannehill State Park
- De Panne
- Okinawa Hotels
- Saint Augustine
- Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area Hotels
Badges & Stats in White Rock
- 33 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to White Rock?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in White Rock
Photos in White RockSee All Photos (74)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 336 reviews, 608 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 238 reviews, 512 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fremantle Intro, 258 reviews, 399 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 223 reviews, 348 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 159 reviews, 370 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 122 reviews, 364 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 212 reviews, 273 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 148 reviews, 322 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Intro, 147 reviews, 285 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevilla Intro, 127 reviews, 284 photos, 3 travelogues