Mesquite Local Custom Tips by keeweechic
Mesquite Local Customs: 5 reviews and 8 photos
The Average temperatures are : Summer 97F, Autumn 70F, Winter 51.8F and Spring 78.1F. This past summer temperatures got to 104F and in winter as low as 23F.
Pumpkinfest is held the last Saturday (roughly) before Halloween in downtown Mesquite. There are inflatable rides and games, a cakewalk, craft and food vendors and of course food.
It’s a fun time for the kids who can enter into the Costume contents and win goody bags for themselves. I think though the adults get more fun out of it than the kids themselves whose faces told other stories most of the time.
Eastfield Community College was built in the early 1970s on the site of the old Motley Mansion. The mansion was owned by the Motley family – first residents of the area and was burned to the ground by vandals. The land was later donated to the community for the building of the college. The family cemetery is still on a corner of the land.
It is said that the Theater of the college is haunted by a man who watches practices of the plays. He has been reported several times in the past 20 years or so.
The Historic Mesquite Inc. sponsors this spring event every May to raise money for park preservation. There are choirs, mock gunfights, storytelling, games and races, living-history demonstrations, food, crafts and a kite-flying area.
The Mesquite Tree is a remarkable wood known for its beauty, strength and tenacity. This native wood has survived the rugged Texas landscape since before the Spanish Conquistadors set foot on North America. Mesquite Wood Barbeque Chips is used to add the mesquite smoke flavour to meat. The Mesquite wood contributes a sweet nutty flavour which is different to hickory.
More Reviews (50)
- See All World Buffet
- See All Valley Creek Park
- See All Driving Range
- See All Mary's Attic
- Hampton Inn & Suites
keeweechic's Related Pages
Mesquite Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Mesquite
- Hotels in Mesquite
- Transportation in Mesquite
- Nightlife in Mesquite
- Restaurants in Mesquite
- Shopping in Mesquite
- Warnings and Dangers in Mesquite
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mesquite
- 55 Reviews
- 122 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (67)
Have you been to Mesquite?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mesquite
Photos in MesquiteSee All Photos (122)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 336 reviews, 608 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 238 reviews, 512 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fremantle Intro, 258 reviews, 399 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 223 reviews, 348 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 159 reviews, 370 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 122 reviews, 364 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 212 reviews, 273 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 148 reviews, 322 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Intro, 147 reviews, 285 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevilla Intro, 127 reviews, 284 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (84)
- Samuell Farm- 1 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Valley Creek Park- 1 Reviews, 5 Photos
- City Lake Park- 1 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Double D Ranch- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Mesquite Rodeo- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Z Motley Cemetery- 2 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Exhibition Hall- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Lake Aquatic Center- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Mesquite Town Square- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- First Baptist Church- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
See All Mesquite Things to Do