"Keeweechic's Frisco" Top 5 Page for this destination Frisco by keeweechic
Frisco Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 236 photos
Frisco, as it is known now, was created in 1902 in the rich Prairie lands of North Texas. The soil was vital for successful farmland. This area back in the 1800’s saw the construction of a north-south road which led from Austin to the Red River which resulted in the early name of the ‘Shawnee Trail”. It was later to have the name changed twice, first to the Preston Trail and then Preston Road. Frisco’s name was chosen by the people who chose to name their town in honour of the railroad which founded it - St. Louis, San Francisco and Texas Railway (their popular name was ‘Frisco Line’). After 1838, wagon trains of early immigrants to Texas regularly travelled this route along with the cattle drives heading north from Austin. Lebanon, a thriving cattle town served as an assembly point for the cattle drives and today, is part of Frisco.
Today Frisco is one of the fastest growing cities in North Texas with a population of around 33,000. In 1990 the population was just over 6,000. There are many major corporations based up that way – JC Penny, EDS, Dr Pepper/7UP, Ericsson and Frito Lay just to name a few. Stonebriar Mall is reported to be the largest mall in North Texas but there are many other shopping centres set along Preston Road. Large business parks and hotel resorts are springing up and there are more than 120 restaurants in Frisco. Lake Lewisville is only 5 mins away to the West, Lake Ray Hubbard is 45 mins to the east and Lake Texoma is 60 miles north.
(c) keeweechic 2001-2006 (copyright)
This large outlet mall is just east of Frisco on I-75. The shops here are upscale and there are more than 50 stores.... more travel advice
Frisco Bridges is a new complex which incorporates office and retail outlets. You see these structures around the newer... more travel advice
keeweechic's Related Pages
Frisco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Live, Shop and Eat in Frisco"
- "Frisco is the fastest growing city in the USA!"
- "Bedroom Community"
- "Keeweechic's Frisco"
- "Suburbia - Unleashed!"
- "The New......"IT" Place to Be"
- "Its where I live"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Frisco
- Hotels in Frisco
- Transportation in Frisco
- Nightlife in Frisco
- Restaurants in Frisco
- Shopping in Frisco
- Warnings and Dangers in Frisco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Frisco
- 27 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (154)
Have you been to Frisco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Frisco
Photos in FriscoSee All Photos (60)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 336 reviews, 608 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 238 reviews, 512 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fremantle Intro, 258 reviews, 399 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 223 reviews, 348 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 159 reviews, 370 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 122 reviews, 364 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 212 reviews, 273 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 148 reviews, 322 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Intro, 147 reviews, 285 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevilla Intro, 127 reviews, 284 photos, 3 travelogues