Dallas Transportation Tips by keeweechic Top 5 Page for this destination
Dallas Transportation: 71 reviews and 68 photos
There are quite a number of taxi companies in Dallas and in and around the downtown are you will see quite a rainbow of them. The most predominant one would be the Yellow Cab but there seems to be no shortage in the downtown area or the airport. Anywhere else, you will probably need to phone ahead for one unless you are at a hotel.
Light Rail : This system goes from Park Lane in the north through Downtown to both West and South Oak Cliff. It connects to many popular attractions.
DART : operates rail and bus services around most of the popular entertainment, cultural and shopping areas.
By Air : Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport is located in the centre of the Metroplex, midway between the twin cities of Dallas and Fort Worth. It is the 2nd busiest airport in the world.
Dallas Love Field Airport is serviced by Southwest, American, Legend, Atlantic Southeast and Continental Airlines and is located within the city limits just minutes away from Downtown Dallas.
By Coach : There are 4 interstate highways and many US and State Highways which lead into Dallas.
By Rail : Amtrak trains connect Dallas with Chicago, San Antonio and then from there to New Orleans, L.A. and Florida. Union Station is within close proximity to downtown hotels and the West End. There is a pedestrian tunnel to the Hyatt Regency Hotel, Reunion Tower and Arena. The Light Rail line also connects at Union Station.
This company operates carriage rides around the historical sights of Dallas including Dealey Plaza. Other tours include Lincoln Plaza, the JFK Memorial, Fountain Plaza and Thanksgiving Square. The advertise that they will also take well-behaved, trained dogs in their carriages. Their rides start around $35 for a 15-20 min ride.
Market Street-West End Area, Dallas.
If you're coming from downtown Dallas you can take Main, Commerce or Elm Street which will take you into Deep Ellum. The pedestrian area begins at Good Latimer which is just past Central Expressway.
Arriving from I-75 (Central Expressway), you can take the Live Oak exit and continue on until you reach Main or Commerce (driving under Central Expressway.)
Type: Car/Motor Home
McKinney Avenue Trolley is a wonderfully restored trolley car will take you from the Arts District to the uptown area.
Super Shuttle is a safe and reliable way to get to your hotel. There are signs to follow after you pick up your luggage. You can just phone them and they will come and pick you up. On the return to the airport you can book them to come and pick you up in time for your flight.
Phone: 800-BLUE VAN (258-3826)
More Reviews (231)
- See All Dallas High School
- See All Ramada Plaza Downtwn
- See All Inside the Tepee
- See All Irving
- See All Red River Shootout
- See All Unsafe Areas and The Homeless
keeweechic's Related Pages
Dallas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Dallas"
- "Dallas,Texas--Big, Bold and Friendly!!"
- "1997 Convention to 2006 Frisco grandchildren visit"
- "Goin' through the Big D and I mean Dallas!"
- "Dallas Texas"
- "Sweetberry's Dallas Page"
- "btex's Dallas Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dallas
- Hotels in Dallas
- Transportation in Dallas
- Nightlife in Dallas
- Restaurants in Dallas
- Shopping in Dallas
- Warnings and Dangers in Dallas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dallas
- 238 Reviews
- 512 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 120 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (155)
Have you been to Dallas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dallas
Photos in DallasSee All Photos (512)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 336 reviews, 608 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 238 reviews, 512 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fremantle Intro, 258 reviews, 399 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 223 reviews, 348 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 159 reviews, 370 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 122 reviews, 364 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 212 reviews, 273 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 148 reviews, 322 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Intro, 147 reviews, 285 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevilla Intro, 127 reviews, 284 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (83)
- Fair Park- 41 Reviews, 78 Photos
- Reunion Tower- 18 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Southfork Ranch- 12 Reviews, 25 Photos
- World Aquarium- 12 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Pioneer Plaza- 17 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Dealey Plaza Dedication- 60 Reviews, 64 Photos
- Botanical Garden- 14 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Natural History Museum- 6 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Downtown- 27 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Teddy Bear Park- 5 Reviews, 5 Photos
See All Dallas Things to Do