"Keeweechic's Dallas" Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas by keeweechic
Dallas Travel Guide: 1,362 reviews and 2,535 photos
Dallas began its life from humble beginnings in 1840 as a trading post along the Trinity River. It has grown into a cosmopolitan city. Today Dallas is a high tech banking and insurance centre and third largest fashion centre and film production area in the nation. The skyline is also an architectural experiment of lights and creativity and one of the nations most spectacular.
While the city produces high profile sports stars and has an exceptional medical community, it is unfortunately more well known internationally for the T.V. series "DALLAS" with J.R. Ewing and the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
Dallas is often called home to all things "BIG" from buildings to hair, and they are not wrong on both accounts. The biggest Baptist and Methodist churches in the world are here. Though the area around Dallas was once wooded prairies, the major development in the Metroplex has resulted in the clearing of a lot trees and to me, lacks in a lot of the "prettiness" you see in some major cities. There are a few green areas, but they are generally man-made and few and far between. Gardens both public and household struggle for colour with the heat and drought of the summer months destroying any vain attempts.
Fortunately Dallas is waking up, albeit a little late, to what it must do to bring back the tourists and promote the city. It is learning much from its counterpart city Fort Worth who seems to have got it right. Hopefully in the future Dallas will be more visitor/tourist friendly.
- Cons:Traffic... Concrete....
While not a high school now, Dallas High School was the oldest high school in Dallas. It was the first public high... more travel advice
The Westin City Center in Dallas is in the heart of the city's arts and financial district. The hotel is next to the... more travel advice
- See All Inside the Tepee
- See All Irving
- See All Red River Shootout
- See All Unsafe Areas and The Homeless
- See All Sonny Bryans Smokehouse BBQ
keeweechic's Related Pages
Dallas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Dallas"
- "Dallas,Texas--Big, Bold and Friendly!!"
- "1997 Convention to 2006 Frisco grandchildren visit"
- "Goin' through the Big D and I mean Dallas!"
- "Dallas Texas"
- "Sweetberry's Dallas Page"
- "btex's Dallas Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dallas
- Hotels in Dallas
- Transportation in Dallas
- Nightlife in Dallas
- Restaurants in Dallas
- Shopping in Dallas
- Warnings and Dangers in Dallas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dallas
- 238 Reviews
- 512 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 120 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (154)
Have you been to Dallas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dallas
Photos in DallasSee All Photos (512)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 336 reviews, 608 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 238 reviews, 512 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fremantle Intro, 258 reviews, 399 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 223 reviews, 348 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 159 reviews, 370 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 122 reviews, 364 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 212 reviews, 273 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 148 reviews, 322 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Intro, 147 reviews, 285 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevilla Intro, 127 reviews, 284 photos, 3 travelogues