Malaysia Transportation Tips by keeweechic
Malaysia Transportation: 223 reviews and 160 photos
Air : Malacca has a small airport situated in Batu Berendam, 9 km away from town
By Sea : Malacca has ferry services one way and return to Dumai ( Indonesia ) which departs daily.
By Coach : Singapore Express daily runs hourly service to Malacca, the earliest being at around 8 am, and the latest at 5 pm.
Trishaws : The best way to enjoy Malacca in a slow and relaxed manner. The trishaw will transport you through streets and lanes of Malacca which you might miss if you tried to get about on your own. The trishaw can be rented wither on whatever distance you cover or on an hourly basis and they are available at The Stadthuys.
River Cruise : There are a lot of charming discoveries of Malacca by taking a cruise down the river. One spot of this river was used in the “Entrapment” movie.
The Subang/Sultan Abul Aziz Airport is Kuala Lumpur domestic Airport and is 22kms (14 mls) west of the city.
The Kuala Lumpur International Airport is at Sepang 50km (31 mls) south of Kuala Lumpur.
Taxis are pre-paid, the amount being determined by the city zone of your destination. You can purchase your ticket from the booth outside the arrival hall and then present it to the driver. A trip to the city will take approx 30 - 45 mins (unless the traffic is bad).
Express buses : run between KLU and Nilai, Kuala Lumpur, Subang and Shah Alam. They are available from 5 A.M. to 11 P.M. daily, and can be boarded at Block C of the car park. The trip takes up to two hours (in heavy traffic).
Public transport services in Kuala Lumpur are provided by conventional buses and by 'Bas Mini' fixed-route minibuses.
Taxis and pedi-cabs (trishaws) are licensed by the Government and fares can vary, but the 'Bas Mini' rates are flat rates. These are used for shorter journeys, and tend to be fairly crowded.
By Air : Major airlines fly to Kuala Lumpur International Airport and from Kuala Lumpur, you can take a taxi or the Ekpress Nasional scheduled bus service that leaves the Pudu Raya Bus Terminal at 8.30 am.
By Car : Go via the quickest route, the North-South Expressway, Exit 132 out-turning in near the town of Tapah. Just after the toll booth, at the 'T' junction, turn left. From Tapah you will hit the long winding road (about 60km) to Cameron Highlands. Travel up this scenic road for approx. 1 hour and you would reach the first of the three main towns of the Cameron Highlands - RINGLET. Drive through the town.
More Reviews (35)
- See All Festivals - 2
- See All Country Driving
- See All DESARU - Kota Tinggi
keeweechic's Related Pages
Malaysia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Visit Malaysia Year 2007 has started"
- "Malaysia - a cool fusion of culture and beliefs"
- "Malaysia Travel (and The Foreign Labour Colony)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malaysia
- Hotels in Malaysia
- Transportation in Malaysia
- Nightlife in Malaysia
- Restaurants in Malaysia
- Shopping in Malaysia
- Warnings and Dangers in Malaysia
- See All...
Explore the World
- Cameroon Hotels
- Cannon Beach Hotels
- Santa Clara Hotels
- Daman Hotels
Badges & Stats in Malaysia
- 102 Reviews
- 125 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Malaysia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malaysia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 336 reviews, 608 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 238 reviews, 512 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fremantle Intro, 258 reviews, 399 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 223 reviews, 348 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 159 reviews, 370 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 122 reviews, 364 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 212 reviews, 273 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 148 reviews, 322 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Intro, 147 reviews, 285 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevilla Intro, 127 reviews, 284 photos, 3 travelogues
Top Malaysia hotels
- Kuala Lumpur Hotels
- 5963 Reviews - 13396 Photos
- Port Dickson Hotels
- 160 Reviews - 378 Photos
- Pulau Langkawi Hotels
- 1372 Reviews - 3162 Photos
- Penang Hotels
- 2452 Reviews - 5222 Photos
- Melaka Hotels
- 1594 Reviews - 3911 Photos
- Kuching Hotels
- 787 Reviews - 2074 Photos
- Kota Kinabalu Hotels
- 1056 Reviews - 2780 Photos
- Johor Bahru Hotels
- 515 Reviews - 930 Photos
- Cameron Highlands Hotels
- 567 Reviews - 1700 Photos
- Kuala Terengganu Hotels
- 133 Reviews - 308 Photos
- Kuantan Hotels
- 156 Reviews - 433 Photos
- Miri Hotels
- 242 Reviews - 609 Photos
- Lumut Hotels
- 84 Reviews - 213 Photos
- Ipoh Hotels
- 223 Reviews - 716 Photos
- Taiping Hotels
- 141 Reviews - 355 Photos