Middlesbrough Things to Do Tips by keeweechic Top 5 Page for this destination
Middlesbrough Things to Do: 55 reviews and 78 photos
The Transporter Bridge spans the river Tees. Passengers and vehicles are lifted and transported in around 2 1/2 minutes across the river on a large platform suspended from an overhead gantry. It was the first working bridge of its kind in the country, now there are two and apparently only about 7 total in the world.
Address: Ferry Road, Middlesbrough, Tees Valley
Middlesbrough Town Hall is in the heart of the town, and is a major entertainments venue.
It was built in a late Victorian Gothic style of architecture and still retains many of its original features. It stands in amongst the more modern designs of the town.
Address: Albert Road Middlesbrough TS1 1EL
Captain Cook Birthplace Museum sits on the site of Cook's birthplace in Marton which is on the outskirts of Middlesbrough.
You can find it in the beautiful landscaped grounds of Stewart Park. Outside stands a traditionally carved Nootka totem pole from Canada which guards the entrance.
Open Apr - Oct Tuesday - Sunday 10 - 5.30pm. Nov - Mar Tues - Sun 9.30 - 4.00pm
Address: Stewart Park, Marton, Middlesbrough
Directions: Turn off the A19 onto the A174, then North onto the A172, from where the Museum is signposted, half a mile from Marton Railway Station
The Cleveland Centre has great shopping. There is a large variety of boutiques and eateries. Aside from the smaller retail stores, you will find larger chain stores like Dolcis, WH Smith, Boots, H Samuels, Top Shop, Clarks, Etam, Thorntons, the HMV Megastore, and Littlewoods
Walkways lead out to the High Street where there are other well known stores. There is a replica of Captain Cook's ship, the Endeavour, hanging from the ceiling.
Address: Albert Road. High Street.
More Reviews (16)
keeweechic's Related Pages
Middlesbrough Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "'You're Just A Small Town On Teesside'"
- "Keeweechic's Middlesbrough"
- "It aint just about 'The Boro'!"
- "some interesting stuff in Middlesbrough"
- "Whitby on the North Sea"
- "Middlesbrough: Bridges and Bridges"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Middlesbrough
- Hotels in Middlesbrough
- Transportation in Middlesbrough
- Nightlife in Middlesbrough
- Restaurants in Middlesbrough
- Shopping in Middlesbrough
- Warnings and Dangers in Middlesbrough
- See All...
Explore the World
- Galveston Hotels
- Oklahoma City Hotels
- Cebu Island
- San Juan
- Nuns Island Hotels
- Fort Worth Hotels
Badges & Stats in Middlesbrough
- 20 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 36 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Middlesbrough?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Middlesbrough
Photos in MiddlesbroughSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 336 reviews, 608 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 238 reviews, 512 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fremantle Intro, 258 reviews, 399 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 223 reviews, 348 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 159 reviews, 370 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 122 reviews, 364 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 212 reviews, 273 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 148 reviews, 322 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Intro, 147 reviews, 285 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevilla Intro, 127 reviews, 284 photos, 3 travelogues
Latest Middlesbrough hotel reviews
- Premier Inn Middlesbrough
- 189 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Best Western Highfield Hotel
- 69 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Sporting Lodge Inn Middlesbrough
- 191 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Marton Hotel & Country Club
- 83 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Thistle Middlesbrough
- 184 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Travelodge Middlesbrough
- 87 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- Hotel Baltimore
- 43 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 21, 2013