Lisbon Nightlife Tips by keeweechic Top 5 Page for this destination
Lisbon Nightlife: 197 reviews and 201 photos
At many of the Fado clubs and restaurants you will be entertained by colourful attired dancers performing a variety of cultural dances from the different regions of Portugal.
Apparently there are two types of Fado music. Lisbon has the type that is always performed by a solo singer. Two guitarists, one playing melody on a 12 stringed Portuguese guitar and the other playing rhythm on a 6 string viola. The music and songs portray intense feelings of pain and sadness or love and longing. The word Fado comes from Fatum, a latin word which means fate.
While I don’t think I quite got into the Fado style of singing, I did enjoy the guitarist or guitarrista, he was very good. The Portuguese guitarra has a flat back and is shaped like a mandolin. It can have 8, 10 or 12 strings which are arranged in pairs. Sometimes the guitarra is decorated with inlaid mother of pearl. The other instrument accompanying the guitarrista is the viola which provides the rhythm backing.
Theme: Live Music
More Reviews (157)
- See All Fado Restaurants
- See All Post Office - Correios
- See All Palacete Chafariz D'el Rei
- See All Triumphal Arch Adornment
keeweechic's Related Pages
Lisbon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Lisbon"
- "My home town"
- "Lisbon, Portugal"
- "Ahh, LISBON....Esta tao bonita como sempre."
- "saudades de Lisboa"
- "Lisboa the Capital of Portugal"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lisbon
- Hotels in Lisbon
- Transportation in Lisbon
- Nightlife in Lisbon
- Restaurants in Lisbon
- Shopping in Lisbon
- Warnings and Dangers in Lisbon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lisbon
- 159 Reviews
- 370 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (154)
Have you been to Lisbon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lisbon
Photos in LisbonSee All Photos (370)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 336 reviews, 608 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 238 reviews, 512 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fremantle Intro, 258 reviews, 399 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 223 reviews, 348 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 159 reviews, 370 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 122 reviews, 364 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 212 reviews, 273 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 148 reviews, 322 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Intro, 147 reviews, 285 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevilla Intro, 127 reviews, 284 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (83)
- Churches and monasteries- 229 Reviews, 451 Photos
- Plazas and squares- 178 Reviews, 316 Photos
- Castles and palaces- 143 Reviews, 311 Photos
- Belém- 298 Reviews, 606 Photos
- Day trips: Sintra, Cascais, Estoril...- 91 Reviews, 153 Photos
- Lisbon neighborhoods- 159 Reviews, 303 Photos
- Museums and cultural centers- 161 Reviews, 399 Photos
- Grand structures and architecture- 187 Reviews, 315 Photos
- Elevadores- 90 Reviews, 149 Photos
- Markets and shopping- 21 Reviews, 31 Photos
See All Lisbon Things to Do