"Keeweechic's Tarifa" Top 5 Page for this destination Tarifa (Cadiz) by keeweechic
Tarifa (Cadiz) Travel Guide: 202 reviews and 413 photos
In the most southern part of the Iberian Peninsula you will find Tarifa whose name derives from Tarif ibn Malik, a Berber Warrior. The area was first founded by the Greeks. It then became the first Roman colony in Spain before the Berbers took over when the town was given its name. Tariffa is part of the Cadiz province which is also within the Andalusia region of Spain. The population only registers around 17,200 people except during the height of the Windsurfing season.
Tarifa sits where two oceans meet, the Mediterranean and the Atlantic. These two oceans also divide two continents meet – Africa and Europe. Morocco is only 15kms away across the Straits of Gibraltar and the Atlas Mountains can be easily seen on a clear day.
A popular town in southern Spain, Tarifa has close to 38kms of beaches which makes it ideal for water sports or just soaking up the sun. The winds which are produced by its location give Tarifa the nickname of Wind Capital of Europe. Kite and windsurfers flock in their hundreds to the town during the season to test their skills.
In the old area of Barrio de Jesus is the old ruins of the Church of Santiago. The old church was built during the 14th... more travel advice
Inside the passenger terminal is a small café and toilets and not a lot else. Departure procedures to take the ferry to... more travel advice
keeweechic's Related Pages
Tarifa (Cadiz) Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Awesome Tarifa - wild and interesting!"
- "Tarifa - Costa de la Luz"
- "Tarifa - the city of the wind"
- "The REAL windy Tarifa"
- "Keeweechic's Tarifa"
- "Wind City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tarifa (Cadiz)
- Hotels in Tarifa (Cadiz)
- Transportation in Tarifa (Cadiz)
- Nightlife in Tarifa (Cadiz)
- Restaurants in Tarifa (Cadiz)
- Shopping in Tarifa (Cadiz)
- Warnings and Dangers in Tarifa (Cadiz)
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tarifa (Cadiz)
- 25 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Tarifa (Cadiz)?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tarifa (Cadiz)
Photos in Tarifa (Cadiz)See All Photos (59)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 336 reviews, 608 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 238 reviews, 512 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fremantle Intro, 258 reviews, 399 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 223 reviews, 348 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 159 reviews, 370 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 122 reviews, 364 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 212 reviews, 273 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 148 reviews, 322 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Intro, 147 reviews, 285 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevilla Intro, 127 reviews, 284 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (84)
Latest Tarifa (Cadiz) hotel reviews
- Beach Hotel Dos Mares
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 4, 2013
- Pension Correo
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 24, 2013
- Melia Atlanterra
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2012
- La Codorniz
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 25, 2013
- Hostal Alborada
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 28, 2013
- Pension Facundo
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Misiana Boutique Hotel
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013