Hong Kong Island Things to Do Tips by keeweechic Top 5 Page for this destination
Hong Kong Island Things to Do: 120 reviews and 353 photos
The Peak Tower is an unusual design which has been likened to a ‘wok’. There are viewing located on different levels of the tower where you can get a fabulous view.
Inside the Tower you will find lots of shops, restaurants and amusements including Ripley's Believe It or Not!, the Peak Explorer Motion Simulator and Madame Tussaud's - London's famous wax museum.
Viewing terraces located on different levels of the tower offer spectacular views of the Hong Kong and Kowloon skylines, including Victoria Harbour.
Address: The Peak, Hong Kong Island
Deep Water Bay sits in a quiet little nook on the southern side of Hong Kong Island right between Repulse Bay and Shouson Hill. From Ocean Park you can get great views down to the area. There is a nine hole golf course with a lovely colonial styled clubhouse. There are open air cafes along the beach front and a bbq pit at the eastern end of the beach.
Address: Hong Kong Island (south side).
Directions: Take Bus no. 6, 6A, 6X from Exchange Square
There are two huge 10 metre high statues of Avalokitesvara, the Goddess of Mercy and Tin Hau (the Queen of Heaven and Protectress of Seafarers), right on the beach. The Life Guard Club was built in a traditional Chinese style and its ceilings are decorated with magnificent swirling dragons.
Address: Repulse Bay, Hongkong Island
Enroute to Stanley Markets you will pass through Repulse Bay.
This is a very popular beach of white sands, calm waters and palm trees. The bay was named after a pirate ship that used to sail there in the 19th century.
Address: Repulse Bay, Hong Kong Island
Directions: Take bus number 6, 6A, 6X or 260 from Exchange Square bus terminal in Central to Deep Water Bay and Repulse Bay
Stanley, a coastal village right on the southern side of Hong Kong Island. It used to be a small fishing village but with the popularity of the markets, a series of restaurants and pubs have opened and its now a very busy location. At the western end of the market street is the Tin Hau Temple (temple of the Queen of Heaven), one of the oldest in Hong Kong.
The scenery enroute to Stanley is really interesting as well. If you're travelling in the nonair-conditioned bus, don't sit too close to the open window on the narrow roads, the bus gets so close to the shrubs that branches brush the side of the bus and flick inside. Sit upstairs on the seat along the back and hang on for dear life around the windy twists and turns of the narrow roads out to Stanley. It was like a roller coaster ride and I loved it!!!!
Address: Southside of Hong Kong Island
Directions: Take the double decker blue and white bus from Central terminal, either No. 6, 6A or 260. The latter no. being an air-conditioned double decker that goes the most direct route. The first two are not air-conditioned and my preference for a 'local' ride.
This is a water park incorporated in the whole area of Ocean Park and Middle Kingdom. There are water slides, a wave pool, the Lazy River and a childrens area.
Address: Ocean Park Road, Aberdeen
There are full-size replicas of temples, shrines, street scenes and public squares, pavilions, pagodas and palaces. There are also regular street performances in which Chinese acrobats amaze you with Chinese kung fu and stunt acts.
Address: Middle Kingdom, Hong Kong Island
Directions: Take Bus No. 70 from Exchange Square station near Star Ferry Terminal
Middle Kingdom is right next door to Ocean Park and is a theme park where you can step into a "living museum" of Chinese culture of 13 dynasties and around 5,000 years of history.
Entrance to Ocean Park also includes Middle Kingdom.
Address: Middle Kingdom, Ocean Park, near Aberdeen
Directions: Take Bus No. 70 from Exchange Square station near Star Ferry Terminal.
Atoll Reef is one of the many popular attractions of Marine Land at Ocean Park. You can see more than 4,000 fishes of some 400 species which includes an amazing 80 year old and 6 ft long Giant Grouper. Atoll Reef also has one of the largest amounts of Napoleon fish to be found in any aquarium in the world.
Address: Ocean Park, Hong Kong Island
You find the Chinese Gardens with the Goldfish Pagoda, Japanese Gardens, Butterfly enclosure, Dinosaur Discovery Trail as well as many other new attractions since I was last there.
Address: Ocean Park, Hong Kong Island
More Reviews (39)
- See All Stanley Markets
- See All Shoes
- Hong Kong Stadium
- Packing List
- See All The Buses & Trains
keeweechic's Related Pages
Hong Kong Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Hong Island"
- "Hong Kong Island - Its share of Limelight..."
- "In the Big Leagues"
- "Hong Kong - Pearl of the Orient"
- "Amazing Hong Kong Island"
- "Kowloon Island the Center of all Hong Kong"
- "Visiting Nick"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hong Kong Island
- Hotels in Hong Kong Island
- Transportation in Hong Kong Island
- Nightlife in Hong Kong Island
- Restaurants in Hong Kong Island
- Shopping in Hong Kong Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Hong Kong Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Salisbury Hotels
- Gay Hotels
- Smith's Parish
- Lourmarin Hotels
- Laguna Casma Hotels
Badges & Stats in Hong Kong Island
- 76 Reviews
- 98 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Hong Kong Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hong Kong Island
Photos in Hong Kong IslandSee All Photos (98)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 336 reviews, 608 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 238 reviews, 512 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fremantle Intro, 258 reviews, 399 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 223 reviews, 348 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 159 reviews, 370 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 122 reviews, 364 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 212 reviews, 273 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 148 reviews, 322 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Intro, 147 reviews, 285 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevilla Intro, 127 reviews, 284 photos, 3 travelogues