"Keeweechic's Cervantes" Top 5 Page for this destination Cervantes by keeweechic
Cervantes Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 172 photos
Cervantes is a township in the Golden Heartlands area of Western Australia. It is better know as the gateway to the Nambung National Park and also the famous Pinnacles. The income for the town is primarily fishing for rock lobster and tourism. There are some great beaches also in the area with plenty of opportunities for recreational activities. The area around Cervantes is popular with off road drivers and there are many tracks along the beach and the surrounding sand hills.
The town is one of Western Australia’s newest towns when it was formed in 1962 after the government removed 505 hectares from the northwest corner of the Nambung National Park to give to creating a town. The name Cervantes comes from an American whaling ship which was wrecked off the coast in 1844 after being swept from its anchorage off Thirsty Point, to the west of the town. The ship was blown ashore on an island to the south of the point and although the damage was not severe, the task of repairing the ship was so difficult that the ship and its contents were sold on site.
Cervantes is located 257kms (three hours) north of Perth. You follow the Brand Hwy from Perth and take the turn to... more travel advice
The Pinnacles area is under careful control and there is only a one way road system through the area. You can however... more travel advice
keeweechic's Related Pages
Cervantes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "the unforgotable pinnacles"
- "Keeweechic's Cervantes"
- "Pinnacles Desert"
- "Nambung National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cervantes
- Hotels in Cervantes
- Transportation in Cervantes
- Restaurants in Cervantes
- Shopping in Cervantes
- Warnings and Dangers in Cervantes
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cervantes
- 8 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Cervantes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cervantes
Photos in CervantesSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 336 reviews, 608 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 238 reviews, 512 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fremantle Intro, 258 reviews, 399 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 223 reviews, 348 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 159 reviews, 370 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 122 reviews, 364 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 212 reviews, 273 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 148 reviews, 322 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Intro, 147 reviews, 285 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevilla Intro, 127 reviews, 284 photos, 3 travelogues
Latest Cervantes hotel reviews
- Cervantes Pinnacles
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013