"Keeweechic's Armadale" Armadale by keeweechic
Armadale Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 63 photos
Armadale is around 27kms south of Perth and has proclaimed itself as Heritage Country. The area was first settled in 1830 and the township was declared as a military outpost that same year. It was set up to protect the early settlers and explorers. Convict labour built a good road leading from Perth to Armadale and by 1853 the first building of the township, the Narrogin Inn, had been constructed. The area grew with timber workers moving into the area and taking up land. The first sawmill was built at nearby Roleystone in 1866. With the growth of the timber industry, growth and population was rapid. With the arrival of the railway line in 1889, the continuance of the town was guaranteed. The rail station became the hub of the growth of shops which has continued to this day.
Today the city spans from across the scarp to the hills of the Darling Range providing an area of great beauty and contrast. Armadale creates many chances to step back in time with their museums and heritage attractions. There are many bed and breakfast facilities in the area as well as caravan parks and chalets. There are also many walking and cycling challenges in the area. The area has great shopping and historical interests sure to meet the criteria of everybody.
When the new Karratha Airport was built, Len was commissioned to create a centerpiece for the forecourt of the airport.... more travel advice
Len Zuk’s property catches your eye as you drive down Gibbs road enroute to Armadale. His front yard is littered with an... more travel advice
- See All Pioneer Village Shopping
- See All Grand Cinemas
- See All Pioneer Village Restaurant
- See All Heritage Country Motel
keeweechic's Related Pages
Armadale Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Armadale"
- "Armadale, Western Australia"
- "UNDER CONSTRUCTION"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Armadale
- Hotels in Armadale
- Transportation in Armadale
- Nightlife in Armadale
- Restaurants in Armadale
- Shopping in Armadale
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Armadale
- 41 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (154)
Have you been to Armadale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Armadale
Photos in ArmadaleSee All Photos (54)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 336 reviews, 608 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 238 reviews, 512 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fremantle Intro, 258 reviews, 399 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 223 reviews, 348 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 159 reviews, 370 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 122 reviews, 364 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 212 reviews, 273 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 148 reviews, 322 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Intro, 147 reviews, 285 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevilla Intro, 127 reviews, 284 photos, 3 travelogues