Kalgoorlie Hotel Tips by keeweechic Top 5 Page for this destination
Kalgoorlie Hotels: 383 reviews and 11 photos
The Railway Motel is a Quality Inn and right opposite Kalgoorlie’s railway station. They have a pool and Jacuzzi to enjoy. There are 95 rooms and 20 self contained units with queen sized beds. The standard rooms have a minibar, leather recliners, fax and modem ports and tea/coffee making facilities. The kitchenette rooms have the same along with a toaster, basic cooking ware and microwave and can cater for larger families. There are also a Deluxe Spa Room and a Superior Spa Suite which also has a big screen TV. Their self contained units are not on the same property but close by and are designed to be a home away from home. All rooms are non-smoking.
The hotel has a restaurant (Carriages) which is open for breakfast, coffee and cake and dinner.
Address: 51 Forrest St, Kalgoorlie WA 6430
Phone: (08) 9088 0000
The Australia Hotel has undergone some restorations and looks very nice. The original hotel was built out of corrugated iron but a fire destroyed it in 1898 and it was replaced by what you see today. In its day the hotel has some exciting history with the fatal shooting in the Middle bar of Ginger Sly by C.B. Kennedy in 1903 and an arrest of William Coulter for murdering Pittman and Walsh. There was also gold found in the original cellars.
The restoration has brought back a former glory of Federation style furnishings and offers accommodation with aircon/heating, radio and tea/coffee making facilities. There are twin, double, king and family rooms available.
Address: Maritana St (cnr Hannan St), Kalgoorlie
Phone: 08 9021 1320
The hotel was built in 1898 and has 37 rooms with reverse cycle airconditioning, tea/coffee making facilities, sky and Foxtel and fridge. They also have self catering units to accommodate up to 5 people. There is a beer garden and restaurant.
Address: 60 Burt Street, Cnr Lane & Piesse Sts, Boulder
Other Contact: email@example.com.
Phone: (08) 9093 1399
One of the grand old hotels in Kalgoorlie.
Address: 117 Hannan Street, Kalgoorlie
Phone: 08 9021 2271
The Picadilly Hotel (or The Pic) is family run hotel found in the small suburb of Piccadilly 1 km from Hannan Street. The hotel has accommodation too with 19 rooms to offer. THere is a saloon bar with features sky and fox TV. There is a lounge bar which serves meals and has a TAB. There is also a restaurant with a beer garden.
Address: 164 Piccadilly St, Kalgoorlie WA 6430
Phone: (08) 9021 2109
The Palace Hotel was built in 1897 during the height of the prosperity of the goldrush times. It was built to be the most ‘luxurious hotel’ outside of Perth. It was build from stone quarried from the Ashlar quarries. Fresh water was pied into the bathrooms and electric lighting was produced from its own generator – a first. In its day, the hotel was grand and impressive and a well used meeting place. Quite a notable regular guest of the hotel was Herbert Hoover who at the time was a young US mining engineer who went on to continue his career in China before becoming the 31st President of the United States in 1929. He actually fell in love with a local barmaid while staying in the hotel.
Unique Qualities: Each room has a colour TV., fridge, coffee/tea making facilities, bathroom, aircon and phone. Some rooms also have a mini bar and Balcony Room has its own private balcony. There is a Family Room which has an interconnecting room with a single bed. There are several bars as well as a Scottish and TAB bar. There is also a huge mirror which was presented to the hotel by the 31st US President, Herbert Hoover in the foyer.
Address: Maritana St, Kalgoorlie WA 6430
Phone: 08 9021 2788
The Best Western is comfortable enough motel and each room contains a queen and a single bed. There are tea/coffee making facilities with a mini bar, air-conditioning/heating, alarm clock and hairdryer and all rooms are non-smoking. One child under 12yrs can stay free. Internet facilities are via a data point using modem facilities or there is fast speed internet access in the bar. There is a restaurant also for breakfast and dinner.
Unique Qualities: The motel was fine until the last morning when it was raining fairly heavily and a lot of rain came into the room by an obvious leak in the roof. By the time we checked out the carpet was squelching and anything that had been lying on the floor was wet. When I advised the manager the response I got was ‘sorry about that. That will be $2.10 for the phone call’. While I realise these things happen, a little more sincerity in the apology and maybe a gesture and forgetting the $2.10 for the inconvenience might have gone a long way to us ever returning there to stay again.
Address: 560 Hannan Street, , Kalgoorlie, State of Western
More Reviews (112)
- See All Boulder Market Day
- See All Palace Theatre
- The Little Boulder Sweet Shop
- See All St Mary's Church
keeweechic's Related Pages
Kalgoorlie Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Kalgoorlie"
- "Kalgoorlie-Boulder: Dreaming of the Big One"
- "Kalgoorlie - Day 6-7 around Western australia"
- "Rubber goods and skimpies ..."
- "Kalgoorlie, Western Australia"
- "Kalgoorlie for beginners"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kalgoorlie
- Hotels in Kalgoorlie
- Transportation in Kalgoorlie
- Nightlife in Kalgoorlie
- Restaurants in Kalgoorlie
- Shopping in Kalgoorlie
- Warnings and Dangers in Kalgoorlie
- See All...
Explore the World
- Spaulding Hotel
- Suburban Extended Stay Nashville-Harding Place
- CostaBaja Resort & Spa
- Fragrant Hill Hotel
- Travellers Rest
- Hotel Nikko Hanoi
- Marina Del Rey Hotel
- Motel Los Arcos
- Best Western Premier Hotel Riviera
- Novotel Bora Bora Beach Resort
- Nova Hotel Trondheim
- Sopron Hotel
- DC GuestHouse
- Bahia Luminosa Beach Hotel
Badges & Stats in Kalgoorlie
- 119 Reviews
- 249 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Kalgoorlie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kalgoorlie
Photos in KalgoorlieSee All Photos (249)
Read real reviews about Kalgoorlie Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 336 reviews, 608 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 238 reviews, 512 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fremantle Intro, 258 reviews, 399 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 223 reviews, 348 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 159 reviews, 370 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 122 reviews, 364 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 212 reviews, 273 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 148 reviews, 322 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Intro, 147 reviews, 285 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevilla Intro, 127 reviews, 284 photos, 3 travelogues