"Keeweechic's Pemberton" Pemberton by keeweechic
Pemberton Travel Guide: 81 reviews and 257 photos
Pemberton sits in the southern tip of Western Australia and can be found in the heart of the Karri country. The area was occupied by the local Aboriginal people for more than 40,000 years before being discovered in 1822 by explorers who discovered this part of the coastline by accident. They were amazed by the tall trees and saw potential for settlement and a timber industry. After the first settlers arrived a timber industry began to grow in the form of timber mills which were established in the area. Land was offered free to new settlers during the 1920’s and new settlers were encouraged to set up dairy farms as well as growing fruit and vegetables. Tobacco and other crops also developed.
Pemberton has a lot to offer. You can tour the Pemberton Mill, visit the Karri Forest Discovery Centre or take a ride on the Pemberton Tramways. There a several national parks also to explore such as the D’Entrecasteaux and Warren and visit some old settlements of the area. Fishing is also popular and the rivers are stocked by the Fisheries with trout during the Autumn months. In later years the area has also become popular for wine producing because of the cooler climate.
Around the foot of the Gloucester tree you will see a wonderful scene of colourful wild parrots. They are very friendly... more travel advice
There are153 pegs to climb on the Gloucester Tree and for a short person, the spacing is fairly wide. The tree was... more travel advice
keeweechic's Related Pages
Pemberton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pemberton, Day 2"
- "Snottygobbles and the Duke of Gloucestor"
- "Pemberton and the Southern Forests"
- "Pemberton, home of the famous Gloucester Tree"
- "Pemberton - Food Lovers Heaven!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pemberton
- Hotels in Pemberton
- Transportation in Pemberton
- Restaurants in Pemberton
- Shopping in Pemberton
- Warnings and Dangers in Pemberton
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mourne Mountains Hotels
- Grindelwald Hotels
- Canton de Vaud
- Post Falls
- Steinau an der Straße
- Lindis Pass Hotels
- Bang Pa-in Hotels
- Marshfield Station Hotels
- Departamento de Madre de Dios
- Departamento del Magdalena
- Pago Pago Hotels
Badges & Stats in Pemberton
- 31 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Pemberton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pemberton
Photos in PembertonSee All Photos (66)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 336 reviews, 608 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 238 reviews, 512 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fremantle Intro, 258 reviews, 399 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 223 reviews, 348 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 159 reviews, 370 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 122 reviews, 364 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 212 reviews, 273 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 148 reviews, 322 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Intro, 147 reviews, 285 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevilla Intro, 127 reviews, 284 photos, 3 travelogues