"Keeweechic's Serpentine" Serpentine by keeweechic
Serpentine Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 56 photos
Serpentine is part of the Shire of Serpentine-Jarrahdale known also as the Heritage Country. The breathtaking scenery comes from many parks, forests and rivers which are the natural attractions of the area. The Shire includes other towns such as Mundijong, Byford and of course Jarrahdale. During Spring you will see some of the States finest displays of wildflowers.
Serpentine is around 50 mins south east of Perth and forms the northern boundary of the Peel Region. In 1840 Thomas Peel was the first European settler in the area and established the Serpentine Farm on the banks of the Serpentine River which was in the middle of his 250,000 acre land grant. Other families followed and settled in the foothills along the banks of the river. Twice a year they travel to Fremantle by horse and cart and along sand tracks to stock up with provisions until 1893 when the railway linked Perth to Pinjarra.
Today Serpentine along with the rest of the Shire is a thriving agricultural and rural district. The area is popular for walking and riding trails as well as picnic areas at Serpentine Dam, Serpentine Falls and Gooralong and Langford Parks.
This is your one stop shop/dine/fill-up, while travelling down the South Western Highway. You can get anything from the... more travel advice
Serpentine is around 55kms south east of Perth and is on the South Western Railway between Perth and Bunbury. By car :... more travel advice
keeweechic's Related Pages
Serpentine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Serpentine"
- "Serpentine Jarrahdale"
- "A day trip to Serpentine Falls"
- "Serpentine Falls and the natural surroundings"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Serpentine
- Transportation in Serpentine
- Nightlife in Serpentine
- Restaurants in Serpentine
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Serpentine
- 21 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (154)
Have you been to Serpentine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Serpentine
Photos in SerpentineSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 336 reviews, 608 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 238 reviews, 512 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fremantle Intro, 258 reviews, 399 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 223 reviews, 348 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 159 reviews, 370 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 122 reviews, 364 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 212 reviews, 273 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 148 reviews, 322 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Intro, 147 reviews, 285 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevilla Intro, 127 reviews, 284 photos, 3 travelogues