"Keeweechic's Taipei" Top 5 Page for this destination Taipei by keeweechic
Taipei Travel Guide: 1,403 reviews and 3,835 photos
Taipei is not one of the most attractive cities you will find in Asia but it has a certain character about it that I liked. It was not as easy to get around in as say Singapore or Hong Kong, but if you take the time to walk around a bit, there are all kinds of discoveries to be found.
There are plenty of tours you can take around Taipei City and outlying areas and the tour guides speak English fairly well. The people are friendly even if they don't understand you. Having your destination written down in Chinese as well as the Hotel you are staying at is a great help. One Saturday I was out wandering in the morning, I got disorientated and thought I was heading back to my hotel for an afternoon tour, when I started to run out of shops I realised I had been walking in the opposite direction to where I needed to be. I headed for a hotel reception to get my bearings. The receptionist clarified where I was, wrote down my hotel address on paper and pointed me in the direction of a taxi. Saturday, midday in Taipei, is a nightmare traffic-wise. Some people work half days. I fortunately made it back for my afternoon tour - just!
If you manage to get out of the city, you will find Taiwan is a land of beautiful mountains, deep gorges, white sandy beaches, lush forests and national parks, not to mention ornate temples and offshore islands.
(Any comments made, are made at the time of my trip there)
If you don't want to tackle the heavy congestion of Taipei yourself, cars and mini buses can be hired with drivers.... more travel advice
The Tai Ya tribe is known for their delicate hand-made textile products. The colours are usually very vibrant with a red... more travel advice
- See All Warner Village Cinemas
- See All Hsingtien Temple - Donations
- Don't Bargain in Department Stores
- See All Catching a bus
keeweechic's Related Pages
Taipei Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home Sweet Home Taipei"
- "Taipei City, my second hometown"
- "Keeweechic's Taipei"
- "Tour around Greater Taipei"
- "Big city-Taipei"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Taipei
- Hotels in Taipei
- Transportation in Taipei
- Nightlife in Taipei
- Restaurants in Taipei
- Shopping in Taipei
- Warnings and Dangers in Taipei
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Taipei
- 58 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 83 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Taipei?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taipei
Photos in TaipeiSee All Photos (84)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 336 reviews, 608 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 238 reviews, 512 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fremantle Intro, 258 reviews, 399 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 223 reviews, 348 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 159 reviews, 370 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 122 reviews, 364 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 212 reviews, 273 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 148 reviews, 322 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Intro, 147 reviews, 285 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevilla Intro, 127 reviews, 284 photos, 3 travelogues