"Keeweechic's Taipei" Top 5 Page for this destination Taipei by keeweechic

Taipei Travel Guide: 1,398 reviews and 3,810 photos

Taipei is not one of the most attractive cities you will find in Asia but it has a certain character about it that I liked. It was not as easy to get around in as say Singapore or Hong Kong, but if you take the time to walk around a bit, there are all kinds of discoveries to be found.

There are plenty of tours you can take around Taipei City and outlying areas and the tour guides speak English fairly well. The people are friendly even if they don't understand you. Having your destination written down in Chinese as well as the Hotel you are staying at is a great help. One Saturday I was out wandering in the morning, I got disorientated and thought I was heading back to my hotel for an afternoon tour, when I started to run out of shops I realised I had been walking in the opposite direction to where I needed to be. I headed for a hotel reception to get my bearings. The receptionist clarified where I was, wrote down my hotel address on paper and pointed me in the direction of a taxi. Saturday, midday in Taipei, is a nightmare traffic-wise. Some people work half days. I fortunately made it back for my afternoon tour - just!

If you manage to get out of the city, you will find Taiwan is a land of beautiful mountains, deep gorges, white sandy beaches, lush forests and national parks, not to mention ornate temples and offshore islands.

(Any comments made, are made at the time of my trip there)

Photos which are taken by myself and all headings are copyright and digitally marked. Please do not use them without permission. Thanks. (c) keeweechic 2001-2008 (copyright)

• Intro Updated Apr 18, 2008

• chewy3326's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2006 at 7:14 PM

You're right about the traffic, I can't understand how anyhow gets around in Taiwan at all... nice photos of Taipei's temples and Yehliu

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2006 at 9:35 PM

Great overview. I am impressed by some off the beaten path tips, especially rock formations (The Queens Head and Mushrooms) and waterfalls.

• DaDrifter's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2005 at 9:01 AM

An interesting start to the trip, to have a rifle pointed at your cabbie. I would so love to visit the snake alley :)

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2005 at 8:04 AM

Excellent page the usual manner..I hope that guy relaxing does not see himself on your page..lol! Very amusing and humorous page. Regards.

• Don_Wright's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2005 at 12:13 AM

I don't agree at all, I think the drivers in Taipei are the best in the world considering all the traffic, I never saw any accidents it was amazing.

• dennisKL's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2004 at 8:04 PM

hi frien, u hav a great tips here....wonderful taipei

• janika's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2004 at 9:18 AM

Neat O.B.P. updates on your Taipei page. Fascinating places you've been Keewee. Hope to see them one day. Cheers! :)

• karin_kamphuis's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2004 at 11:21 AM

Hi! Nice homepage! It looks great with lots of information and nice pictures. I have a question; We have a stopover in Taipei and want to know what is the greatest thing (easy accessible from airport) we can visit in a half day. I hope you can help me!

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2004 at 6:04 AM

memory jogging photos & tips,~ i did enjoy the nights markets, food and mingling with the locals; a meal @ hyatt with a shareholder was memorable ;-)))

• Feb 6, 2004 at 9:55 PM

taipei new park is now called 2-28 park. thought i let you know.

keeweechic

“Travel is the greatest eye opener you will ever get.”

Badges & Stats in Taipei