"Beautiful Altea" Altea by rachel_sun

Altea Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 111 photos

Old Part Altea was amazing.

Hello
I decided to goto Altea last November to check out the Old Town. I have been before and seen the part on the coast but wanted to visit the Old Town as I have read how beautiful it is. The day we went there happened to be road works and we had a Que for quite a while. Altea has two parts, new and old. We decided to park up and then walk up the hill to the Old Part. We found secure parking and then just headed to where we thought the Old Part might be. Altea is pretty easy to get to as the main coast road runs through Altea.

Parking was easy and safe in Altea.

We walked through some narrow streets which headed uphill. Altea has loads of small narrow streets and we headed to where we thought the main Old Town square and church might me. We walked quite a while and everything looked shut. It was quite a nice day and temps were around 22c and sunny. We were about to give up when we suddenly turned a corner and started seeing small art galleries and shops that were open. The streets were very scenic indeed.

Breathaking Views

We carried on walking and then found ourselves in this beautiful Plaza which had tasteful looking bars and restuarants. There was also this amazing looking church with blue domes. Cobbled streets . There were about 6 places to eat and the church was sady shut when we were there. People were having lunch and enjoying the afternoon sun. This part of Altea was very pretty indeed. All the places to eat looked high class. We decided to just have a light snack as we were going to eat out later. We went for a place that done Paellas and we shared a paella( small one).

• Pros:Old Town has amazing views, very scenic indeed.
  • Cons:Can get busy and parking can be hard at times
  • In a nutshell:Worth Visiting off season, Old Town is a must see.
  • Last visit to Altea: Nov 2006
  • Intro Written Jan 29, 2007

• pikuu's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2008 at 6:03 AM

Wow! You absolutely woke up my impressions from my visit in this lovely town several years ago. In real, old tawn with its main square is very very charming place. thanx once more :)

rachel_sun Visits Here Frequently!

rachel_sun

“summer is finally here, yessssssss”

Badges & Stats in Altea