"Beautiful Altea" Altea by rachel_sun
Altea Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 119 photos
I decided to goto Altea last November to check out the Old Town. I have been before and seen the part on the coast but wanted to visit the Old Town as I have read how beautiful it is. The day we went there happened to be road works and we had a Que for quite a while. Altea has two parts, new and old. We decided to park up and then walk up the hill to the Old Part. We found secure parking and then just headed to where we thought the Old Part might be. Altea is pretty easy to get to as the main coast road runs through Altea.
We walked through some narrow streets which headed uphill. Altea has loads of small narrow streets and we headed to where we thought the main Old Town square and church might me. We walked quite a while and everything looked shut. It was quite a nice day and temps were around 22c and sunny. We were about to give up when we suddenly turned a corner and started seeing small art galleries and shops that were open. The streets were very scenic indeed.
We carried on walking and then found ourselves in this beautiful Plaza which had tasteful looking bars and restuarants. There was also this amazing looking church with blue domes. Cobbled streets . There were about 6 places to eat and the church was sady shut when we were there. People were having lunch and enjoying the afternoon sun. This part of Altea was very pretty indeed. All the places to eat looked high class. We decided to just have a light snack as we were going to eat out later. We went for a place that done Paellas and we shared a paella( small one).
- Pros:Old Town has amazing views, very scenic indeed.
- Cons:Can get busy and parking can be hard at times
- In a nutshell:Worth Visiting off season, Old Town is a must see.
Altea has a good selection of apartments for sale and for rent .Its a very clean tasteful place and you feel kind of... more travel advice
While we were in the Old Town after our meal we decided to take a look at the amazing viewpoint next to the restaurants.... more travel advice
rachel_sun's Related Pages
Altea Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Into the Old town of Altea - Costa Blanca, Spain"
- "Altea, Spain"
- "Peaceful Week"
- "Serenity & Beauty"
- "Altea - Near Benidorm but a million miles away"
- "Beautiful Altea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Altea
- Hotels in Altea
- Transportation in Altea
- Nightlife in Altea
- Restaurants in Altea
- Shopping in Altea
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Altea
- 4 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Altea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Altea
Photos in AlteaSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Comunidad Valenciana Intro, 171 reviews, 210 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denia Intro, 92 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 84 reviews, 93 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tours Intro, 75 reviews, 76 photos
- Egypt Intro, 59 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 65 reviews, 61 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 62 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barbados Intro, 59 reviews, 60 photos
- Turkey Intro, 52 reviews, 51 photos
- Rome Intro, 41 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue