"Rachel suns Lanzarote page" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Lanzarote by rachel_sun

Isla de Lanzarote Travel Guide: 877 reviews and 1,786 photos

I found Lanzarote trendy and different

Lanzarote is a beautiful isand with so many different landscapes.The beaches are beautiful and the landscape reminds me of the moon.There are sand dunes and camels and wineries.The island is a Nature Reserve and a protected zone,where developement is banned,so Lanzarote is unspoilt and Cesar Manrique,(the famous artist),made Lanzarote what it is today.Some 54,000 people live on Lanzarote and they are a mix of Berber,Arab and Spanish.Over last 30 years or so Northern Europeans have also moved there to be in warm weather.The Island stays practically rain free all year round,but you might get alittle rain in December-Febuary.
The average temp is around 20c .This is the place to go for sun,sun,sun..

Costa Teguise

I stayed near Costa Teguise in a rental villa and we had great views of the coastline from our patio.Costa Teguise had a nice seafront and had a huge selection of bars and restaurants.Hook bar was one of my favs as they had great cocktails and had good live music most nights.I must say the coastline and the strange landscape make Lanzarote a great holiday destination.Moon like but still green in some parts.If you want an Island that has things to see and do but is unspoilt and still very beautiful goto Lanzarote.It has many parts untouched by tourism and no big highrise buildings.A great destination to unwind relax and be with nature.And action close by if you want it.

• Pros:Lanzarote has style,class,wonderful beaches,food,scenery and people.
  • Cons:It is the same price as the uk
  • In a nutshell:Different ,warm,scenic,moonlike,great food,classy
  • Last visit to Isla de Lanzarote: Feb 1999
  • Intro Updated Nov 13, 2003

• rachel_sun's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2007 at 8:50 AM

I got the information from family and friends( who have been there or live there) so a good source. I also saw a couple of car accidents while there myself.

• lanzlover's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2007 at 1:01 AM

Hello, I have been going to Lanzarote for years, twice a year and always visit Plays Blanca. I have not once seen a car accident, I don't know where you got this information?

• zweiblumen's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2006 at 3:52 AM

Very informative tips, hoping to go to Lanzarote in November on a cycling & walking trip. Great and useful page!

• tango_jd's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2006 at 4:59 AM

Great perspective given which I enjoyed reading and some useful tips. We go on 6th Feb for 1 week and were a little apprehensive about the island until we read all the reviews. Not sure about the weather yet - all the forecasts seem to differ a little!

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2005 at 4:49 AM

I've been looking for something special for my next visit,I think I've found it now.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2005 at 9:16 AM

Lovely Lanzarote page with great tips BTW I was scared to death on those camels!!

• diosh's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2004 at 8:11 PM

I loved Lanzarote and it's amazing moon landscape. We stayed in the old part of Puerto del Carmen.Very pretty, but steep hills to climb.Our road called 'cardiac hill'!

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2004 at 6:42 AM

Haha, all Brits think "foreign" taxis are flash :-))) Great page - want to go there NOW!

• Sep 14, 2004 at 10:41 AM

Loved your site-we visit Lanzarote every year in February -its so warm; has anyone been to Arrieta? unspoilt and beautiful beaches

• Dumpymotel's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2004 at 4:22 PM

The Ceasar Manriques house looks like it would be popular with the ladies... At least the cactus garden..

rachel_sun

“summer is finally here, yessssssss”

Badges & Stats in Isla de Lanzarote

Have you been to Isla de Lanzarote?

Latest Activity in Isla de Lanzarote