"Rachel Suns Cannes Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Cannes by rachel_sun
Cannes Travel Guide: 458 reviews and 1,146 photos
welcome to my Cannes page.I went to Cannes on my 10 day tour of France.Cannes was beautiful,classy,tasteful.It was spotlessy clean and very trendy and felt very safe.The weather in Oct was 26c and sunny every day.Cannes had beautiful streets and gardens and fabulous shops and bars.
I felt very at home just walking around and looking at the wonderful coastline.The harbour area was very nice and there was a great selection of restaurants and bars along the seafront.
I was pleasantly surprized how reasonable the prices were.It was no more expensive than the uk.We stayed in a hotel about 15 minute walk from the sea which cost about £60 a night for a double room.
A hotel along the sea front would cost treble that.
Cannes is the most elegant spot on the Cote d' Azur.It has a beautiful bay which is framed by mountains, nice sandy beaches,great weather and a pretty port make Cannes a wonderful holiday destination.Cannes has luxury villas set in the hills, beautiful gardens full of flowers and the famous La Croisette with its many festivals.An Englishman bought fame and fortune to Cannes(Lord Broughham).He was not allowed to goto into Italy as there was a cholera epidemic and had to stay in Cannes.He liked it there so much he built a castle and so then other Englishmen and other foreigners followed him.
- Pros:Cannes is classy,clean,tasteful,trendy,hot weather
- Cons:Wish i could afford a hotel on the seafront ;-)
- In a nutshell:Fabulous views,weather,food,culture,sensible prices
Cannes has many festival on throughout the year.Cannes Film Festival is on in May. Midem is on January. MIPIM is on... more travel advice
Visit Cannes the right time of year and you can have a great time on a budget.During the festivals prices of hotels... more travel advice
rachel_sun's Related Pages
Cannes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""RÉGATES ROYALES" AT THE YACHT CLUB OF CANNES."
- "Direction Cannes"
- "Rachel Suns Cannes Page"
- "Stars, beaches, festivals and cars"
- "The City of festivals...."
- "Doing the Cannes-Cannes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cannes
- Hotels in Cannes
- Transportation in Cannes
- Nightlife in Cannes
- Restaurants in Cannes
- Shopping in Cannes
- Warnings and Dangers in Cannes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cannes
- 36 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Cannes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cannes
- Posted in Travel United States of America Forum "Re: Best bits of america"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cannes had loads of lovely bars and shops at night"
- Wrote a Review Expensive and Exclusive in Cannes Nightlife
- updated a Cannes Travel Page "Rachel Suns Cannes Page"
- Commented on one of JohnnySpangles's Cannes travel pages
Photos in CannesSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Comunidad Valenciana Intro, 171 reviews, 210 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denia Intro, 92 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 84 reviews, 93 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tours Intro, 75 reviews, 76 photos
- Egypt Intro, 59 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 65 reviews, 61 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 62 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barbados Intro, 59 reviews, 60 photos
- Turkey Intro, 52 reviews, 51 photos
- Rome Intro, 41 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue