"Rachel Suns Cannes Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Cannes by rachel_sun

Cannes Travel Guide: 448 reviews and 1,122 photos

Hello
welcome to my Cannes page.I went to Cannes on my 10 day tour of France.Cannes was beautiful,classy,tasteful.It was spotlessy clean and very trendy and felt very safe.The weather in Oct was 26c and sunny every day.Cannes had beautiful streets and gardens and fabulous shops and bars.
I felt very at home just walking around and looking at the wonderful coastline.The harbour area was very nice and there was a great selection of restaurants and bars along the seafront.
I was pleasantly surprized how reasonable the prices were.It was no more expensive than the uk.We stayed in a hotel about 15 minute walk from the sea which cost about £60 a night for a double room.
A hotel along the sea front would cost treble that.

Very Elegant.

Cannes is the most elegant spot on the Cote d' Azur.It has a beautiful bay which is framed by mountains, nice sandy beaches,great weather and a pretty port make Cannes a wonderful holiday destination.Cannes has luxury villas set in the hills, beautiful gardens full of flowers and the famous La Croisette with its many festivals.An Englishman bought fame and fortune to Cannes(Lord Broughham).He was not allowed to goto into Italy as there was a cholera epidemic and had to stay in Cannes.He liked it there so much he built a castle and so then other Englishmen and other foreigners followed him.

• Pros:Cannes is classy,clean,tasteful,trendy,hot weather
  • Cons:Wish i could afford a hotel on the seafront ;-)
  • In a nutshell:Fabulous views,weather,food,culture,sensible prices
  • Last visit to Cannes: Oct 2001
  • Intro Updated Nov 5, 2003

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2008 at 10:11 AM

Just thinking of escaping the rain over here and going to Cannes.

• vivimero's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2005 at 3:09 AM

I just got back from Cannes. It was a pleasant holiday. I really loved it!

• ForestqueenNYC's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2005 at 12:48 PM

Well the last time I left a message on your page I was only considering going to Cannes. Now I am seriously looking into a language school there which I hope to attend in November and January. Still inspired by your page.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2005 at 9:25 PM

AVERY fun, informative, and itneresting pages to read and see. I love the gardents! The boats are magnificent. Your writing style is delightful.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2004 at 6:02 PM

Very very nice Rachel , Cannes what a richie place eh ,but very nice to visit ,looks a bit expensive to live there. Your pictures and your information are very good .

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2003 at 5:09 AM

Very good page! My impressions from Cannes are quite similar :-) Great memories - thanks for sharing!

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2003 at 11:49 PM

Oh la la tres beau! a pity you met no super star Rach dear! but the fact of being in Cannes is better than anything else, consider you were the star there :-)

• craic's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2003 at 1:08 AM

Going good, Rach.

• cjg1's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2003 at 5:27 PM

Great pics. Some great memories from here.

• cheekymarieh's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2003 at 1:02 PM

Some fantastic photos Rachel. I adored this part of France when I was there.

rachel_sun

“summer is finally here, yessssssss”

Badges & Stats in Cannes