"A nice town with a nice beach" Cap-d'Ail by rachel_sun
Cap-d'Ail Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 15 photos
We found this delightful town purely by accident.It is about 2-3 miles from Monaco on the 100 Nice to Menton bus route.It is a good place to base yourself to visit Monaco..Cap D Ail means means Cape Of Garlic.You are not allowed to smoke or have dogs on the beach here.The coastal path I tried walking along is called"Sentier du Littoral" and is well worth walking along but in cooler weather as it is very steep and up and down.There are lots of signs along this walk telling you about the flora and fauna along the way.Do be aware that on rough windy days the walk will be closed as it's close location to the sea and it can be dangerous.There are lot's of luxury villas too to be seen on this walk.In July you can goto the beer festival here.In August a jazz festival with concerts that are next to the small port.They begin about 9-9.30pm and you can purchase tickets from the tourist centre for about 10 Euros.(These concerts last 4 nights)
I think the beach here is well worth the steep climb downhill and just leave enough energy to get back up ;-)
- Pros:A small town,nice beach,good parking,near Monaco
- Cons:Beach was down really steep steps.
- In a nutshell:A good base for Monaco
After our long walk we found this trendy looking restaurant next to the car park.We had a drink to cool off and saw... more travel advice
We made our way down this neverending path of steep steps and finally saw a beautiful beach.We then gathered this was... more travel advice
rachel_sun's Related Pages
Cap-d'Ail Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A nice town with a nice beach"
- "Cap d'Ail - perfect villas in a perfect setting"
- "Cocteau in Cap D'ail"
- "The Habor against the hills"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cap-d'Ail
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Cap-d'Ail?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cap-d'Ail
Photos in Cap-d'AilSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Comunidad Valenciana Intro, 171 reviews, 210 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denia Intro, 92 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 84 reviews, 93 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tours Intro, 75 reviews, 76 photos
- Egypt Intro, 59 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 65 reviews, 61 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 62 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barbados Intro, 59 reviews, 60 photos
- Turkey Intro, 52 reviews, 51 photos
- Rome Intro, 41 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue