"Rachel_Sun's Cyprus Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus by rachel_sun

Cyprus Travel Guide: 3,862 reviews and 9,710 photos

Cyprus has history and is very safe.

Hello,
my parents retired to Cyprus last year so I now visit here often( 2008). I went to Cyprus for two weeks the end of April(2005). Stayed at my mum's house near Paphos .My nanny also came along and it was her first ever trip abroad and her first ever trip on a plane. She is 84 and I am glad to say she really really enjoyed it.As my mum is planning to retire to Cyprus I hope to see alot more of this amazing Island. I found it had a great feel.Fantastic beaches and wonderful food.People were genuine and helped us out several times. The history of Cyprus was also very interesting. The weather was perfect and I felt very safe and relaxed.

Cyprus has great beaches

Cyprus is both Turkish and Greek as the Island is divided into two halfs.Cyprus is around 4 hours from UK airports.Cyprus has been divided since 1974. Cyprus became a member of the European Union when I was there on May 1st 2004. People celebrated and had parties and fireworks etc.You can ski in the morning and hit the beach in the afternoon. The Troodos Mountains are a must see for their beauty and for Byzantine monasteries and churches. Young people goto Cyprus for it's good nightlife. But Cyprus offers much more than this. Beautiful flora and fauna. Stunning spring flowers. Cyprus is the third largest island in the Med. The standards of living in Cyprus are very high. So is schooling and medical care.

Cyprus had ancient ruins.

I really enjoyed visiting the ancient ruins and temples around Cyprus. There are many of them to explore .Cyprus also offers great walks and as English is spoken all over and road signs and shops etc all have english signs etc it is very easy to travel around. The roads are mostly good and the resorts are clean and safe. Crime is very low too and some people dont bother locking their cars and houses .Cyprus has amazing history and many invaders left their mark there. Cyprus has a fab climate which is warm all year round. Hottest months being June til Sept when it can get as hot as 40c. When I went in April(end) it was 26c most days. I think Cyprus has everything one could want and more for a great holiday that is more than just beaches.

• Pros:Shopping, Beaches,Weather,History,People,English Spoken
  • Cons:Not much cheaper than England.
  • In a nutshell:Cyprus is much more than beaches.
  • Last visit to Cyprus: Jan 2008
  • Intro Updated Jan 11, 2008

• starship's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2011 at 8:59 AM

Looks like a fabulous place to vacation and get some sun, history, and great shopping in the bargain!

• Odinnthor's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Damn, how old are you? You look so young but i gotta tell you your pagges and your savvy is way up there!! Like your Cyprus page and tips. (restaurants need work though but you know that....) I will visit the other pages soon, Great stuff!....Erik

• abc37's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2010 at 7:13 AM

great page !

• Jul 23, 2008 at 12:33 PM

watch out in summer, we went last August, beach very busy and COVERED in ciggie tab ends -YUK! Lots of watersports there though.

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2008 at 2:08 PM

Your tips are very helpful. I am visiting Cyprus in October. I have been there before but missed to see a lot of places. Thanks for sharing.

• MediaMgl's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2007 at 9:48 AM

We just booked a trip to Cyprus. Your pages are full of tips and I find them most helpful. Thanks for taking the time to share.

• Oct 19, 2006 at 11:01 PM

I'm enjoying reading your pages. Happy birthday to you!

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2006 at 9:43 AM

Great general page on Cyprus Rachel. Not to many people are aware that the island nation has such a wealth of archeaological sites.

• condorito's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2006 at 4:01 AM

Very good tips. Shopping tips very professional, good job 12 points

• Pete.Gibson's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2006 at 11:42 AM

Ahh, Cyprus.... I got Married in Cyprus about 6 years ago it was fantastic we stayed at the coral beach hotel, your Pics and Tips bought back fond memories.

rachel_sun Visits Here Frequently!

rachel_sun

“summer is finally here, yessssssss”

Badges & Stats in Cyprus