"Rachel_Sun's Cyprus Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus by rachel_sun
Cyprus Travel Guide: 4,002 reviews and 10,346 photos
my parents retired to Cyprus last year so I now visit here often( 2008). I went to Cyprus for two weeks the end of April(2005). Stayed at my mum's house near Paphos .My nanny also came along and it was her first ever trip abroad and her first ever trip on a plane. She is 84 and I am glad to say she really really enjoyed it.As my mum is planning to retire to Cyprus I hope to see alot more of this amazing Island. I found it had a great feel.Fantastic beaches and wonderful food.People were genuine and helped us out several times. The history of Cyprus was also very interesting. The weather was perfect and I felt very safe and relaxed.
Cyprus is both Turkish and Greek as the Island is divided into two halfs.Cyprus is around 4 hours from UK airports.Cyprus has been divided since 1974. Cyprus became a member of the European Union when I was there on May 1st 2004. People celebrated and had parties and fireworks etc.You can ski in the morning and hit the beach in the afternoon. The Troodos Mountains are a must see for their beauty and for Byzantine monasteries and churches. Young people goto Cyprus for it's good nightlife. But Cyprus offers much more than this. Beautiful flora and fauna. Stunning spring flowers. Cyprus is the third largest island in the Med. The standards of living in Cyprus are very high. So is schooling and medical care.
I really enjoyed visiting the ancient ruins and temples around Cyprus. There are many of them to explore .Cyprus also offers great walks and as English is spoken all over and road signs and shops etc all have english signs etc it is very easy to travel around. The roads are mostly good and the resorts are clean and safe. Crime is very low too and some people dont bother locking their cars and houses .Cyprus has amazing history and many invaders left their mark there. Cyprus has a fab climate which is warm all year round. Hottest months being June til Sept when it can get as hot as 40c. When I went in April(end) it was 26c most days. I think Cyprus has everything one could want and more for a great holiday that is more than just beaches.
- Pros:Shopping, Beaches,Weather,History,People,English Spoken
- Cons:Not much cheaper than England.
- In a nutshell:Cyprus is much more than beaches.
I have mentioned Coral King before as it was soooo good. Their mezes were wonderful. Anyway, I went back Dec 2007 with... more travel advice
Hobo's right on Paphos seafront near the Fort is great. They have large sofas out on the pavement overlooking the... more travel advice
- Mozzie spray-light...
- See All Racism
- See All Woman Travellers and General dangers
rachel_sun's Related Pages
Cyprus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "C Y P R U S - THE ISLAND OF APHRODITE"
- "my 7 days in Cyprus"
- "Rachel_Sun's Cyprus Page"
- "Cyprus - The Land Of Aphrodite"
- "Cyprus..The Emerald of the Mediterranean.."
- "KIBRIS/CYPRUS... The Magical Tale of Mediterranean"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cyprus
- Hotels in Cyprus
- Transportation in Cyprus
- Nightlife in Cyprus
- Restaurants in Cyprus
- Shopping in Cyprus
- Warnings and Dangers in Cyprus
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cyprus
- 84 Reviews
- 93 Photos
- 24 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Cyprus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cyprus
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Comunidad Valenciana Intro, 171 reviews, 210 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denia Intro, 92 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 84 reviews, 93 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tours Intro, 75 reviews, 76 photos
- Egypt Intro, 59 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 65 reviews, 61 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 62 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barbados Intro, 59 reviews, 60 photos
- Turkey Intro, 52 reviews, 51 photos
- Rome Intro, 41 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue